1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Starbound potentially racist?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by NamelessLime, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Croyd

Croyd Big Damn Hero

It could be the tentacles where not our downfall, but as our nature usually is we had to blame someone else.

2. Zinrius

Zinrius Astral Cartographer

We are the superior species, I don't see how that's racist.

...wait...

Goken likes this.
  3. Alluvian_Est-Endrati

Alluvian_Est-Endrati Existential Complex

Semantics time: Starbound would be specist here not racist (assuming it is). However lacking the complete lore picture, making judgments of any kind is a little premature IMNSHO.

4. Goken

Goken Subatomic Cosmonaut

Perhaps in the lore, there was a giant cataclysm in the universe, spontaneously happening everywhere.

5. joshdw4

joshdw4 Void-Bound Voyager

History is written by the victors, or in this case the survivors. People who were forcibly removed from their home will look more favorably on their home than ones that rebelled and left. Of course the humans will say they left utopia.

Racist? Nah. Reasonably biased? Yup.

natelovesyou likes this.
  6. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

Isn't this a little bit offensive? :unsure:

SuperMandrew likes this.
  7. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

SKYRIM BELONGS TO THE NORDS
    starbound belongs to the humans

8. carcrasher65

carcrasher65 Pangalactic Porcupine

Yes, but... Yes giving the finger is offensive.

Though I do not agree with Nates policy on "people that post retarded, pointless comments :scissors: should be banned or have posting rights revoked" is not the best course of action for the very reason that some of the best times I've had on this forum have stemmed from retarded and pointless comments. I would not give him the finger, but a sad face with a promise to make half/quarter of my posts "real talk".

9. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

I can confirm all of us developers of Starbound harbor a deep resentment for a certain race. We hate them with every fiber of our beings. No amount of logic will quell our thirst for the destruction of those called "humans".
    Humans suck. If you're a human we hate you.
    :whoop:

10. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

Curse you, Zoidberg, and your superior race genes! :viking:

natelovesyou likes this.
  11. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Trust me I'm a doctor.

12. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Again, good thing I'm not a moderator! How old are you, 10? Good thing there's a report button. You know you were spamming with worthless posts about "derp people don't get first post" and "Can i has chezzeburger" when it had been months since the last post, and then this. Geez. I do agree with carcrasher65 that dumb necro comments sometimes revive fun conversations, but it doesn't make your posts any smarter.

13. Hueman

Hueman Sandwich Man

This is a game, therefore its meant to be fun. The idea of nuclear war or other such real world threats brings up a lot of un-fun subjects. Thats why documentaries are less popular that hollywood BS flicks. So i think that in a game such as this, having an outlandish storyline depicting the world destruction is a good way to go.

just my two cents.

14. Bastard Man

Bastard Man Big Damn Hero

All the races are equal in abilities, strengths and weaknesses.. So essentially everyone's a Communist...

Lobo likes this.