1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[IRC] New starbound ship

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by plaYer2k, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Note that this was for an older version of the ships. As far as I know, ship upgrades are still on the cards. They will likely be added later in the beta (or even full release) if they're still planned.

AIex likes this.
  2. MichaelSeph

MichaelSeph Void-Bound Voyager

"for our NEW ships" mainly means it's obvious the upgrades were for the older version of the ships and I'm a ware of it. :)

Just wished to bump the idea out though.

AIex likes this.
  3. jackd23

jackd23 Void-Bound Voyager

So, does that mean if I decide to live on the ship instead of some planet or moon, I can keep this: http://i.imgur.com/d4LcDgh.png? :3
    That's great! I can't wait for more room for activities.

AIex likes this.
  4. Rune the Red Panda

Rune the Red Panda Existential Complex

OMG yesyesyes

AIex likes this.
  5. Killerbanana16

Killerbanana16 Poptop Tamer

Looks great, new ships will be awesome :O

AIex likes this.
  6. LordVarius

LordVarius Big Damn Hero

wait.... so there will be ship upgrades?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    AIex likes this.
  7. atteros

atteros Lucky Number 13

there is no point in having a aerodynamic ship in space._.

AIex likes this.
  8. AIex

AIex Subatomic Cosmonaut

can't wait for this feature .they say you can also battle , similar to the game FTL:)

9. MichaelSeph

MichaelSeph Void-Bound Voyager

lol really, spaceship battle ? It will be a problem having more "worlds" than one in the same "world" to have two ship entities fight eachother.

10. Billy the Novakid

Billy the Novakid Orbital Explorer

I think it's a bit bland. I was hoping for more customization, sort of like in Phantom Hourglass or Spirit Tracks.

Say, a Hydrophonics Bay that increases plant growth and comes with some pre installed planters. Or an Engineering Bay that reduces fuel costs and increases fuel efficiency. Or a cargo hold that's just plain bigger.

11. Lycaon

Lycaon Big Damn Hero

Those modular ships look pretty... crappy (sry!).

12. Swadius

Swadius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really like the removal of the thrusters on the bottom of the ship. It's good to see another person who knows how orbit works :).

13. hunvagy

hunvagy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Necroposting ftw. Please note that the original info is now 10 months old, I'm pretty sure it all changed by now and there's a reason this is not in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.