Infinity: Renascentis

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan Infinity, Feb 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Softenik

Softenik Pangalactic Porcupine

* Brofist *

Btw, this thing is funny as hell. I was reading, that guys who are creating tulpas believe that this thing is alive and for "killing" it (when you don't want to have it anymore) you should go to prison o_O.

Saal likes this.
  2. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Seriously... What the hell. I wouldn't make a Tulpa.

3. Mailboxhead

Mailboxhead Master Astronaut

A tulpa is an entity that you can create inside your mind that is run by the subconscious. Through focus and thought, you can create a personality that you can communicate with. There's several different reasons why someone would create a tulpa: friendship, companionship, creative input, and much much more.
    You can train them to appear as a visual hallucination, with audible speech and could even feel their touch. Others have worked on allowing them to possess their body for things like gaming, communicating with others, etc.
    I'd say that a tulpa is only as alive as you will it or believe it to be. It's still a part of your own mind. How attached you get to it, however, is another story.

4. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

But... why? :S

5. Mailboxhead

Please dont' let this one conversation totally scare you. We really don't do it justice. The folks over at Tulpa.Info will do a much better job.
    http://www.tulpa.info/what-is-a-tulpa/
    Why Have a Tulpa?

The process of tulpa creation is incredibly personal. For some it’s a journey of self-discovery; for others, enlightenment. Some are in it merely for the scientific and psychological breakthroughs it proposes. Some want a super best friend. Some want to push the boundaries of reality as we know it. In any case, it’s a rare occasion when a creator is disappointed in the result.

The most prevalent reason is the bond. Creators tend to have incredibly close and personal relationships with their tulpas. And why wouldn’t they? A bond with one’s tulpa is often extremely strong, because they can know you intimately, understand you, and generally like and trust you almost implicitly and all this is due to them being in the brain with you. That allows them to understand you like no other person, because they can know (if you decide to open up to them) all your memories, your thoughts, reasons for doing things in the past that others wouldn’t understand. You might fear that tulpa might dislike you for what it can find in your memories or thoughts, but very often they are very understanding of the creator and so they will understand why you did those things.

Being a part of your mind, a tulpa can also act as a controller of sorts for psychological processes. It can help you control your anger, it can help you calm down when you need it, it can help you concentrate more on what you are doing at a time, it can get help you get rid of your nightmares and it can help you with other things as well. The possibilities of what a tulpa can do are still a broad subject of research on tulpa.info, but we can certainly say they can help you with many things.

6. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

EDIT:Or the other things he said...

7. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Interesting.

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  8. Mailboxhead

Tulpa.Info has an IRC chat as well. One girl I met there created her tulpa as a creative muse for her writing and art. She named him Gilgamesh and made him look like a big dragon. Funny thing though is that he enjoys tea and classical music, and almost despises the rock and roll she constantly plays. :rofl:

9. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Weird. Do you have one?

10. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

What if it's the tulpa who makes you?

Na wykopie było o tym znalezisko, było zabawne, a ludzie stamtąd się oburzali co było jeszcze zabawniejsze w mojej opinii.
    There was a topic about it on wykop.pl, it was funny and people there were outraged which made it even more funny imo.

Milly Rainbowskittlez likes this.
  11. Mailboxhead

I worked on one a few months ago, but life got in the way when I was just a week into it. :oops:
    I wanna start up again though. There's actually a couple of members on the forums here who say they have them.

12. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Do we have a tulpa even we don't know it? Is that what are you saying?
    I reaaaaaally don't think It's necessary, but go for it if you wanna! :p

13. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

You didn't get the joke. Why so serious about the stuff you should be way above? :p
    Also, there was a volleyball match, Poland vs Turkey. I don't know who won, but just saying. :rofl:

14. Argthrond

Argthrond Oxygen Tank

Oh. :rofl: WHATEVER.
    Cool! Lemme check.
    ... It says you guys won 3 - 1! :rofl:

Saal likes this.
  15. Curtis6566

Curtis6566 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I can pretty much always end any danger parts of a dream, the problem is it takes around 5-10 seconds of concentration to do so. Usually I'll need to find a relatively safe space from whatever the danger is.

Freddy and Britefire like this.
  16. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Not a good idea imo.

17. vlamer12

vlamer12 Big Damn Hero

Thanks! :love:
    What is heartcatch?
    Who is ayo?

Grzzz

vlamer12

18. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Oh, cool. :3
    I've just seen the beginning, it was about 12:10 for you, and the commentator was saying Poles' morale aren't good when they're losing points, and Turks' is raising if they'd be in the same situation.

Freddy and Argthrond like this.
  19. ImmortalFrog

ImmortalFrog Oxygen Tank

My little 11 year old sister is still up at 4:37 AM to watch cartoons. At least I'm not alone in the late night club.

Freddy likes this.
  20. creepwolf

creepwolf Giant Laser Beams

When I was little I would sometimes wake up that early on the weekends to watch cartoons.
    THERE WAS NEVER ANYTHING GOOD ON.

They started at like 8....

Freddy and Saal like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.