1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

I'm a Youtuber who plans to LP this game. Thinking of getting a mass LP going of 6 or 7 people.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by VIcariousViking, Oct 29, 2013.

?

Oh look a poll. What are you doing here? Well then...uhm, what say ye!?

1. This sounds pretty fun! I would watch the crap out of this!

17 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. I would love to join you on a journey through time and space!

40 vote(s)
    32.0%
  3. I'm neither interested in watching, nor participating, but respect and approve your idea. Good luck!

16 vote(s)
    12.8%
  4. Sounds like too many people! May get confusing, hard to arrange, too much chatter etc. (it's not ;)

17 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. This sounds stupid. You're stupid. Everything is stupid!

18 vote(s)
    14.4%
  6. Dude, I don't even have an opinion. I am opinionless.

17 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. VIcariousViking

VIcariousViking Void-Bound Voyager

Hey everyone!

I make let's play videos. You can check out my channel here http://www.youtube.com/user/Thisnameistaken
    (haven't uploaded in a few weeks. HDD died and I just got my new one)

I plan on doing a blind LP of this game when it comes out and while I am going to do a solo LP regardless, I was thinking it would be neat to get together several people and do a big LP with all of them. The plan is to have each of the 7 playable races played by someone. And from there we just...well, you know, explore the galaxy, kill monsters, find sweet loot, craft cool gear, make cool 8-bit songs, conquer the universe, etc.

I think it would be really fun! I'm wondering if anyone is interested in doing this! We would all decide on whatever race we wanted. (I'd be cool with any of em probably, though i'm leaning towards the fish peoples, monkey men, bird peoples or robot thingers xD)

Only requirement is voice chat (but personality is a big plus xD). I don't care if you do LPs or not currently. I just want to get together with some peoples who are excited for the game and have some fun!

The only issue I could imagine is 7 people is a lot, and it may be difficult to get everyone together regularly. I'd hate the idea of being short a man or 2, but i'm sure it would come to that sometimes, and probably not be a big deal lol.

Anyway, if you're interested in forming a rag-tag band of miscreants and goofing around the galaxy with me, reply or message me!

And if not let me know what you think of the idea. Think it would make for a fun LP? I do, personally, though that much was probably obvious xD

Cheers!

2. Galactic Mindswipe

Galactic Mindswipe Giant Laser Beams

Sounds fun, I'll join.

3. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I think you might have more luck when it's actually released. From what I've seen, there's no point in planning this far ahead, as the idea will eventually fade. You're better off doing it when we have a concrete release date at the very least.

4. VIcariousViking

Wow...you guys read fast lol.

@ Jonesy - Well, the beta is supposed to be out this year. There isn't much year left and getting together 6 people might take a short bit of time, so it seemed like a good time to start asking people.

@Galactic Mindswpire - Welcome aboard! xD

I think we should wait till we have our gang assembled, and then we'll pick races in some fun way. Like a big online Paper rock sissors match, or something, lol xD

nababoo likes this.
  5. Jonesy

Up to you. That's just what's happened in the past, when people make a thread about a server or LP. To be fair, since we are probably starting to get closer, you may stand a better chance than previous attempts.

nababoo likes this.
  6. Galactic Mindswipe

Jonesy... why did you vote the stupid option...

7. Jonesy

...what stupid option?

8. Galactic Mindswipe

On the poll. Unless it was someone else. In that case, my apologies.

9. Jonesy

I haven't used the poll. I didn't even notice it until now. :confused:

10. VIcariousViking

I voted the stupid option actually, hahaha xD

11. mooncats5

mooncats5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If someone could somehow get the most stand-out members of the community together for an LP - now THAT would be something I'd watch! :D

But yeah, I kinda agree with Jonesy. It's a bit early for me (at least) to commit to something like that. Beta might be coming out this year, but we've still got a full two months to wait for it. I'm still hoping it comes out around my birthday in November, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it came out December 31st. ^^; And this isn't even MENTIONING the fact that it'll be the holiday season, where everyone's busy with family and travel...

12. VIcariousViking

Well, it's been a plan on mine for a while. And will still be even if people agree now and then lose interest. I'll just re-recruit the week before release if I have to. ;D

I just had a thought. If i'm in Canada, and say someone in Thailand or elsewhere halfway across the planet wants to join...would that be problematic latency wise for the far away people?

13. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

I would concentrate on planning how it will be different to all the other Starbound LP's that are waiting at the starting line. Not saying it's a bad idea, just that some big names have their eyes on this game for future LP's, so you need to bring the quality up to scratch to compete if this is something you want to gain a following from.

14. VIcariousViking

Touche. Touche. Well in the meantime this is a good threat to at least get people considering it.

Most stand-out community members you say!? Why yes, that would be ideal. But I probably fall pretty short in that regard lol. I don't post much. Just patiently waiting :)
    Do you have a specific person or persons in mind? Never hurts to ask! I mainly just don't want anyone obnoxious and/or immature. A gang of friendly, fun and hilarious players is the goal!

15. VIcariousViking

Well, it's more for fun. If a following ensues, all the better. There isn't much you can do to make an LP different. It's just playing a game and rambling. I do think the idea of having each race played by someone, and 6 different personalities all playing the game together should make for some interesting stuff.

16. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

I can respect that.

Lord knows I avoid those who LP simply to create subscribers *cough* Hero *cough* And his wiki *cough*

17. Galactic Mindswipe

Me just stopping in to say something...
    I'd probably not only play with you but go back and watch it and see how something was so obvious and I had just walked right over it.

18. mooncats5

mooncats5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Juice Box. Nuff said. :rofl:

Juice Box likes this.
  19. Juice Box

Juice Box Pangalactic Porcupine

Juice Box wants to put forward a rather interesting idea, you sir, should do a seperate LP on an online server. (Like "Bacon's")
    Juice Box would think it would never get boring, due to changing people and environments, and if you are actually a popular Youtuber than your fans could join along too.

Katorone likes this.
  20. Juice Box

Juice Box Pangalactic Porcupine

Your kindness is that of a potato. (high)

Katorone and mooncats5 like this.