1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

I just found my first flesh cave biome.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by SoopaDerpcat, Mar 18, 2015.

1. PyreStarite

PyreStarite Space Kumquat

You were referring to this, correct?
    [​IMG]
    I now understand your feeling.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

I found one today. It was small. I trashed everything I collected passing through. Bleh.

3. braydon

braydon Phantasmal Quasar

Lighten up? You mean be an idiot who likes plagiarism?

How can you criticize us because he made a terrible suggestion? And then he acted like we were the ones who are being ridiculous to top it off...

4. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

Yeah, that's probably a better idea.

It's hard to flesh out an easter egg enemy or find a good way to put it in when you're doing it on a thread that's not your own, and everybody's complaining about just the basic concept of implementing an enemy from another game.

And it does feel silly when I could name at least five enemies inspired by or directly from other games in Terraria. Surely, we could have one uncommon one in Starbound.

It's not plagiarism, and if it was we'd better report every game with an enemy inspired or similar to another, and maybe remove that creeper costume from Terraria...

Starbound needs more non-random enemies with unique behavior patterns anyways, and what I suggested functioned completely differently from the Crimeria, bearing only a sprite resemblance and residing in a biome close to the one the Crimeria came from.

My suggestion being terrible is an opinion of yours and that's okay.

I'm saying you're being ridiculous because you are being ridiculous.

5. braydon

It is plagiarism. You're suggesting they should do this, because you couldn't be bothered to think up your own idea, so you just want to steal an idea from someone else, it's called plagiarism. It's not a reference, it's not inspired by terraria, you are trying to steal an idea from it.

It is terrible, that's not an opinion. It's one of the only things that's basically universally agreed on through arts and entertainment, plagiarism is bad.

A cosmetic hat, that's a reference, it acknowledges it but isn't significant to the game, stealing a sprite for an enemy, is just stealing a sprite so you won't have to come up with your own.

I am being ridiculous? So whatever I think is just an opinion and doesn't but whatever you think is a fact now. I AM ridiculous, because you don't understand the difference between a reference and plagiarism.

6. PyreStarite

Why the hey are you so grouchy all the time

7. braydon

What the "hey" is it to you?

8. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Well seems like a good time for everyone to take a breath
    Calm down and re-evaluate their actions in this thread.

There is no need to show unjust hostility to other members of the forum.
    Also there are better approaches to critique some ones opinion than being overtly hostile.

==
    Now play nice.

9. Muffintrain

Muffintrain Subatomic Cosmonaut

starbound_opengl 2015-03-21 02-52-36-58.png

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
    1nfinitezer0 likes this.
  10. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

What is the significance of this particular flesh cave? Looks like any other to me.

11. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

Keep it civil. And Yes, The Flesh Biome is a Reference to Terraria so chill.

12. Hedgeriot

Hedgeriot Void-Bound Voyager

Do you mind if I ask if you still have the coordinates? I haven't encountered a flesh biome ever and would like to see what this is all about.

13. Zair

Zair Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Remember that the Crimson wasn't in Terraria initially. It's entirely possible that The Crimson / Flesh biomes were developed concurrently, since Tiy had already left Terraria by then and just had the idea at roughly the same time.

STCW262 likes this.
  14. Stalkish Cockatiel

Stalkish Cockatiel Existential Complex

Flesh biomes reminds me of anus intestines. I like to imagine I'm in that one episode of The Magic School Bus.

15. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

The one where they were mining plutonium out of somebody's butt?

16. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

17. MysticMalevolence

MysticMalevolence Oxygen Tank

Meh... they don't really seem... creepy?
    They look a bit too bright and cartoonish for me.

18. PyreStarite

I found my brightly colored period biome underneath a jungle world. Is that where they spawn?

19. cooldrewo

cooldrewo Void-Bound Voyager

i bet its the kind of stuff used in making McDonald nuggets

20. L. F. Oxidizer

L. F. Oxidizer Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, I found mine underneath a Snow world(the Moderate/Eccentric Star one, not the Ice or Frigid Oceans ones from Frozen Stars), so I assume it varies.