1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

I just found my first flesh cave biome.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by SoopaDerpcat, Mar 18, 2015.

1. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

I need a hug.

Seriously, wtf. It's like they took the Crimson from Terraria and made it twenty times worse.

Freakscar and TrueEdge like this.
  2. The Lem

The Lem Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*Hugs SoopaDerpcat*

MysticMalevolence and TrueEdge like this.
  3. Artay001

Artay001 Pangalactic Porcupine

Doesn't it almost feel like you're digging into the side of some massive subterranean beast? And so easy to dig through!

4. SoopaDerpcat

I...I like it when when we touch like this...I feel so warm and tingly...

The Squid and The Lem like this.
  5. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Floran ssssstab flessssh cave. Floran think cave tassste good.

Felson likes this.
  6. braydon

braydon Phantasmal Quasar

You never saw heck did you?

Or brains.
    [​IMG]

7. SoopaDerpcat

I imagine there is a perfectly logical, canonical reason for all of this stuff...

...nah, I really can't think of anything...

8. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

Brains!

Bobwaiyaa and The Squid like this.
  9. braydon

This is why you don't do drugs kids.

The Squid likes this.
  10. LittleWasp

LittleWasp Big Damn Hero

At least the flesh biomes don't start spreading across the planet, corrupting everything in their path. (which was something I always found fun.)

TrueEdge likes this.
  11. Artay001

Artay001 Pangalactic Porcupine

There needs to be giant worm enemies on planets with underground flesh biomes. Just sayin'.

12. Heartstrings

Heartstrings Giant Laser Beams

We need a homage to Terraria in the Heck or Flesh biomes, like a small Crimera look-alike that swarms the player in groups of 10-15.

13. braydon

But we already have a homage to terraria, it's called "Starbound"

14. L. F. Oxidizer

L. F. Oxidizer Pangalactic Porcupine

I think my avatar will now proceed to haunt you. :V

But really, I sort of like Flesh Cave biomes. Though that may have something to do with the fact that I'm an ex-vore fetishist... (emphasis on ex-)

15. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

If a Heck + Flesh + Brains (Living) planet exists, and a lot of eyeless red creatures are generated, I'll have a field day over there with my Ningen and Hylotls.

16. SoopaDerpcat

Isn't that kind of like all of the people who thought Terraria needed an Enderdragon?

Honestly I...well...have a bit of a thing for vore myself.

But the flesh caves are less like a stomach and more like a scrapyard of old
    alien body parts. Maybe it's the result of a tentacle monster getting whacked
    in the side by a fast-orbiting planet? :pfff:

...no seriously, that's my best guess. Also, why are there entire pits filled with apparently
    humanoid bones?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  17. Campaigner

Campaigner Giant Laser Beams

I find the Flesh Caves too cartoony. Heck was the coolest thing when it was added, only because it actually looked hellish. The somber red lights, the gritty rock sounds with the squishy flesh and bones, and just the overall cave structures were exciting. I really hope they put this biome back in.

Flesh Biomes are good for one thing, in my opinion; slime caves are close when there's a flesh biome.

18. SoopaDerpcat

Let's not forget the abundance of mineral resources! So as much as the digging sound alone makes my
    stomach want to do a somersault, turn inside out and expel all of its contents with volcano-like force, I still
    find myself "needing" to return often. Dangit Chucklefish, really? Couldn't you have made ore heaven, like,
    I don't know, a beautiful shiny crystal cave or something instead of a McDonald's quarry? I mean, does an
    abundance of precious stone laying around in a pile of meat even make any sense at all? That's not even
    Star Trek logic!

STCW262, Hatsya Souji and braydon like this.
  19. braydon

I think heck will be back in higher tiers, since now biomes are tier based, I think that's why some were removed. Not sure though.

20. Wulf_Oman

Wulf_Oman Existential Complex

This just in: All races are actually leeches, and the planets their host

L. F. Oxidizer likes this.