1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Hylotls.. are NOT fish people, am I really the only one who knows this ? lol ;p

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by XIII, Dec 13, 2013.

1. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

Why did you feel the need to reply to a 10-month-old thread?

Farathil and MysticMalevolence like this.
  2. Dreynguid

Dreynguid Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It at least enabled me to discover this topic and to know that hylotl comes from a mix of Hylidae and Axolotl =p

It's not a reference to a lower life form (there'ss no lower life ! :3), but to a different aesthetics. And to describe the different races to newcomers (or to the stranger species).
    "Would you prefer a savage plantman, a japanese tadpoleman, a maya-looking birdman, a medieval robotman, a classy apeman, or just a simple humanman ?"

Due to this topic, hylotls now remind me of frog-norns in Creature (I loved them) ! Even if frog merchants are the true frogmans (and they're so cool !)

3. Oukimuni

Oukimuni Orbital Explorer

because it's the only thread I had anything to say on at the time.

I am humbled at your belief that there are no Lower life forms. A truly honorable philosophy. However Fish is still inaccurate and mildly offensive, again however if you are right and such names will be but a step to cure the ignorance of people who do not know the Hylotl, perhaps we can let it stand for now.

4. ReverendBonobo

ReverendBonobo Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

And that's why I call them fish people. Because it pisses them off.

Yzzey, cooltv27 and MysticMalevolence like this.
  5. Rissquette

Rissquette Subatomic Cosmonaut

6. Xenomorph-Alpha

Xenomorph-Alpha Void-Bound Voyager

wait got the solution... fishy fishy fish fish... shushi....fleeeater....mhhhh grilled cheese wait noo... poor fishy, speaky fishy.. ähhh some serious... fishsticks... mhhh tasty
    fuck become hungry dammit, dont know a possible name it looks like fish so everyone call it fish, if you look like something everbody will call you soo easy do differentiate, that people can rembemer.
    It might be a litte bit racist but its, because the most races hates everyone... the most

7. Lintton

Lintton Guest

They aren't fish people...but they aren't frogmen either...