1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Hylotls.. are NOT fish people, am I really the only one who knows this ? lol ;p

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by XIII, Dec 13, 2013.

1. GSGregory

GSGregory Ketchup Robot

Because calling them fish people is quicker and easier than typing amphibians.

I just think of them as mermen.

2. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

NO! Then my choice of name doesn't make any sense!

Now people won't think that Go Go Nigiri is delightful pun. They'll just think that it's a malappropriation.

Curse you XIII...

CURSE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

XIII likes this.
  3. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

Every time I see you post, it's in protest to something someone said. Stop arguing with everything.

They're not fish people. End of discussion. Quit being so stubborn!

4. Goliith

Goliith Aquatic Astronaut

They are fish people, still makes them amphibians. Fish in water, person on land. BOOM!

5. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

I need a cross or whip to fight them I guess.

Frisky Fox likes this.
  6. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

They aren't fish in water, they posses no greater ability to be in water than the average human.

7. Zagorsek

Zagorsek Poptop Tamer

XIII likes this.
  8. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

9. Modoken

Modoken Hey, You!

Fish people = 10 characters (eleven including the space)

Amphibian= 10 characters

Just saying. Don't have a horse in this race.

10. zairs

zairs Aquatic Astronaut

fish people = lesss brainsss
    They be fishes. NPCs say so. ;p lol

11. Frisky Fox

Frisky Fox Void-Bound Voyager

The first thing I thought of within the first ten seconds of playing were the thrusters. It can be frustrating being a science major; I find myself nitpicking more and more things :VLuckily physics was also not my thing. Something really bugs me about standing right above a very stagnant, transparent-liquid looking mantle, though.

And a +1 for Salaman :p

12. Caldera3

Caldera3 Void-Bound Voyager

Don't be a dick.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm not flaming. I just don't think we should be rude to the OP just for having an opinion that differs from our own :p

13. Eversung

Eversung Space Hobo

Amphibious doesn't necessarily mean "amphibian". There are amphibious fish, vehicles, etc. All it means is that they are capable of surviving both above and below water.

So, yeah. Fish people.

14. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

They aren't capable of surviving below water for any longer than humans >.<

15. Eversung

Eversung Space Hobo

They're working on that! Tiy said so!
    Right, guys?
    R... right?...

16. Incendiary

Incendiary Ketchup Robot

Just on the armor that would allow them to, but their innate racial abilities are not better than humans in the water.

17. Reon

Reon Phantasmal Quasar

Good info. Thanks for the link. This goes a long way to explain the little issues I had with them being solely axolotl-based (metamorphose/non-functional gills). Now that I know there's some tree-frog in there I like the design choices even more!

XIII likes this.
  18. PapaMojo

PapaMojo Orbital Explorer

As a member of the HADL, it should be known that "fish people" is a slur that has been used for years on our proud race. We allow it to persist however due to the fact that we recognize the lesser races that are stuck with only two eyes need something to feel superior. That's fine. Spit in our eye. We still have two more.

Oukimuni likes this.
  19. MiningPenguin

MiningPenguin Aquatic Astronaut

Fish are cooler because they have swag.

20. Oukimuni

Oukimuni Orbital Explorer

What cant we just be people? Is it really that important to refer to us as lower life forms? We don't call Florans Weed people, or Humans Monkey/Ape people, no offence Apex readers, nor do we call Glitch Toasters. We are Hylotl. and that is all.