1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Hylotl Villages/Cities/Dungeons

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Visionary, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Xirukai

Xirukai Pangalactic Porcupine

Sadly, the server. It is no more. I have been looking for an alternative where I once again have the freedom to build such a city without it being griefed or otherwise destroyed by malicious and evil minds.

[​IMG]

2. fgiordano

fgiordano Space Spelunker

You can try universe.startopia.net that's the server im on regularly with my main, hyotl character. I'm thinking about making a hyotl city since I see none, but I have been hearing all about this universe wipe and I'm not sure about it yet haha.

Also, to edit my main text, you can /claim planets on the server so no player, unless allowed by you, can edit items or NPCs or build on your planet. That's one reason I like it so much. No griefing, at least on your home planet.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2014
  3. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

You can edit comments / posts.

4. Sir-Leviathan of Avia

Sir-Leviathan of Avia Orbital Explorer

if you need a place to go, join my group : People of LEVIA on steam, theres a description there, you'll see if/when ya join

5. IronFistSurvivor

IronFistSurvivor Subatomic Cosmonaut

I really think that the Hylotl aren't getting enough attention. After this next upcoming update, I think that they should be the center of attention in the update. Although Humans have the same problem on the friendly town side, that actually makes a bit of sense.

Starbeak87 likes this.
  6. Starbeak87

Starbeak87 Phantasmal Quasar

I have no interest in human colonies, personally. But I totally agree that Hylotl need some spotlight action!

7. IronFistSurvivor

IronFistSurvivor Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yup, I agree. Friendly Human towns would not just be uninteresting, but it makes no sense. Friendly Human settlements would be have to be the strictest towns in the game, in that the instant you pull out a weapon, the guards attack immediately for it to make sense. Dunno, really... But Hylotl structures get all the nods.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  8. Shadencile

Shadencile Phantasmal Quasar

I had a spoken to an Avian who said the same thing, then she jumped off a small cliff into a ravine of angry mobs and died. ):

Xavren James likes this.
  9. Xavren James

Xavren James Void-Bound Voyager

Has anyone ever even come across a natural Hylotl structure? And does anyone know if you can craft the shoji screen panels or anything of the like? To get them in the past, I've had to make multiple "scrap" Hylotl characters join a local server and have my main take everything from their ship. :confused: Kinda makes me feel bad. And one more thing, these frog statues laying around, could they have some connection to the Hylotl? I decided to make a shrine to the amphibian god out of it, due to lack of lore. Capture.PNG

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  10. lord_of_kittens

lord_of_kittens Void-Bound Voyager

i found a group of hyotl bandits, but thats it. :wtf::lickitung::hylotl::coffee:

11. ImmortalDreamer

ImmortalDreamer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Out of curiosity, are the underwater planets planned for the big updating coming up or later down the road?

12. Frodew

Frodew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I need a home chuckle fish.[DOUBLEPOST=1408477302][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Apparently they were "mock ups" and will "eventually", become available in game.

13. 010crusher

010crusher Void-Bound Voyager

I found lots of oceans on orange stars but no villages :down:

14. DeltaV

DeltaV Pangalactic Porcupine

You're six months late on this one, buddy.

L. F. Oxidizer likes this.
  15. Mishka

Mishka Void-Bound Voyager

Does anybody have any idea how to get the paper walls from the old ship? I've been meaning to build my Hylotl an underwater home, plus the new ship walls seem kinda bland to me.

16. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

They only existed in the Hylotl ship, so if they were removed from that, they are currently unobtainable. Unless, of course, there happens to be some structure that nobody has found yet that uses them.

17. Mishka

Mishka Void-Bound Voyager

Dang. If anybody knows of a good look-alike of those walls, please holler. I'll mess around with some of the materials I have and the painter and see if I can get anything looking similar.