1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Hylotl Villages/Cities/Dungeons

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Visionary, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Squaky

Squaky Pangalactic Porcupine

I think either it doesn't work properly yet, or it won't work if you put it underwater. I tried it to begin with, but I can't get it to drain water from an area below sea level.

2. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

I suspected you had already tried it. Anyway, underwater cities will be really cool once you can create an airlock.

3. Squaky

Here's some screenshots. I hope itll be this kind of thing they introduce in the final game.

Attached Files:

4. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Nice city! Hylotl have interesting furniture. I can't wait to visit one of these areas and get some for me. There is plenty of food, too.

5. I also can't wait until they implement the villages and items in game, I can't be bothered using an all items mod. I'll patiently wait until I can actually get a hold of the mats legit and start building from there, I think they have some of the best housing tiles.

Finn Learson likes this.
  6. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Now I cry... "SHANGRI-LA!"

Their underwater cities scream SHANGRI-LA, then ATLANTIS. though what if... Underwater Edo-like castle dungeon?

7. I feel like there's a silent group of Hylotl lovers on the forums. I'll admit they seemed boring to me at first, but after I picked one up I fell in love, even without Hylotl assets in the game.

Maybe it's part mysticism. I didn't even remember seeing the city designs that were out there, but I'm stoked about underwater city designs and dungeons.

8. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I'm primarily playing as a Human and a Ningen, though I'll try playing as a Hylotl tonight.

9. Kahzel

Kahzel Big Damn Hero

eh, modern industrial buildings? i expected some kind of sengoku-ish castle dungeon for the hylotl...

10. Squaky

They have both. There are traditional furnitures and tiles for the Hylotl, and also modern bits like night clubs and arcades. I suppose as their supposed to be Japanese they wanted to reflect both the traditional wooden buildings and paper walls and the super modern side of Japan. I built with both in those screenshots, with traditional looking buildings above water and modern ones underwater

11. 409

409 Big Damn Hero

There are multiple dungeon designs, with the Florans currently having what seems to be an unimplemented yet mostly finished second dungeon type that isn't exactly the same as the prison one that we already have hiding inside the game's files, for instance, and that there's two very distinct human dungeons, with one of them being a bunker and the other being a prison.

So who knows, maybe we'll see multiple variations on Hylotl stuff, too. Heck, we probably will!

12. Vinekiller

Vinekiller Void-Bound Voyager

Nice, can't wait to get there and stab them.

TheFloranChef likes this.
  13. Rune the Red Panda

Rune the Red Panda Existential Complex

Embrace the love, not the hate~

14. Camelslayer

Camelslayer Cosmic Narwhal

Oceanic worlds are in the game files, but not accessible yet.
    So no, no Hylotls yet. Their stuff is all underwater.

Which their cities and dungeons will probably be the most fun- don't know about anyone else but I like flooding some of the dungeons with lava after I'm done with them.

15. Kahzel

Kahzel Big Damn Hero

i like stealing all the furniture.

i flood those labs with lava borders tho, since the lava is already there.

Camelslayer likes this.
  16. Squaky

Right, I have found what I think is a Hylotl 'area' along with the frog prince out of south park who sells golden pickaxes and I havent seen ANYWHERE else ( I killed him shortly after taking that screenshot). It is the only place where I've been able to find frog statues, and there's a new kind of capsule there that I've only seen in mods. I've included screenshots.

These aren't the results of using any mods, I've only added ocean planets to the celestial config file, I haven't added anything that isn't already there. I found this area quite close to the core on an ocean planet in the delta sector. There's like a layer of small tomb bricks, frog statues and hay bales going across the entire planet, with one small room with blue tinted jars (where the frog-man is). Obviously this isn't what Hylotl fans wanted to see, but at least it shows that they've already started implementing some aspects of their culture, even in biomes that aren't yet included in the vanilla version. I was well pleased when I found the frog guy though, to the best of my knowledge, no one else has found one!

Attached Files:

17. ClockworkMidnight

ClockworkMidnight Big Damn Hero

@Squaky I've found several on several different planets and in several different sectors. They've been in for a while if not forever.

18. Squaky

Dammit, it was the only thing I found that I haven't seen anyone else mention! Point remains though, they are clearly Hyltotl areas - all the hylotl stuff has a lily-pad motif and there's that whole frog - lilypad connection, so I think its fair to say that these bits are early stage hylotl dungeons - or at least proof that they intend to include hylotl dungeons. Doesnt explain the hay bales though. Did you find them on normal planets, or also only on ocean ones?

19. ClockworkMidnight

ClockworkMidnight Big Damn Hero

Normal, one on a forest, one on a desert, one on a magma, one on a moon. it seems they might just be an added easter egg to find. Though i've no doubt they will include dungeons doe every race at some point the froggies might not be related to any hylotl stuff. I don't have oceans enabled in my config, they're vanilla.

20. penguin055

penguin055 Pangalactic Porcupine

I don't think Hylotl villages and dungeons have been implemented yet. Can't wait till they do though.