How the Beta is going to work

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Oct 30, 2013.

1. petecz

petecz Star Wrangler

Oh god I am so excited, can't wait for Stage 1 and the rest. Good luck to the team, I know this time of the development looks very difficult. Also, even thought its totally unreasonable, some people will be moaning, and complain when they get into the game. Please read less of these forums, and only take the constructive and smart feedback. I experienced a lot of games have gone bad because they listen too much of their community.

2. Bamga

Bamga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

after so much hype, Im up to play stage Zero!:lod:

3. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Perhaps, but to rely on it - a big risk. I fully admit the second beta's existence, for professional testers and developers. I would have done so in their place.

Why is this bait? Do you think they would have received as much pre-orders, if not promised an interesting bonus?

4. SPOOKS80

SPOOKS80 Pangalactic Porcupine

Awesome news Tiy i look forward to stress testing your team's game :p

5. Joelrau

Joelrau Void-Bound Voyager

You will never have: "full Starbound ‘experience’ the first time you play." You will always have new experience's as you play it on and on. :DD

6. Calris

Calris Existential Complex

You don't think that in the people who pre-ordered, that there won't be people who have beta testing (including paid) experience? I'm betting that there are quite a few. I very much doubt that a smaller closed paid beta would produce a better process.
    Well yes, they promised a beta at the time they opened pre-orders. So yes, I guess it's an inducement that they offered. I wouldn't call it 'bait' though, as that implies something which catches people, where they wouldn't want to have been caught. Seems to me that most people are getting exactly what they wanted.

Colton likes this.
  7. Loxy

Loxy Pangalactic Porcupine

Actually I work in a completely different field quite the opposite from developing.
    I project manage 15 ancient woodlands and grasslands in the UK with conservation as a forethought.

And 90% of my workforce are volunteers that do a better job then those that are paid for the work.

8. CaptainMcManface

CaptainMcManface Pangalactic Porcupine

I will sign up for stage one beta, your omnipotence [​IMG]

9. MsSprite

MsSprite Subatomic Cosmonaut

10. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Professional testers are usually busy with their work.

But it is really "catch" people. The man wanted to get early access to the game, besides, it's not the demo version but the beta, ie it gives a status of favorites. So people did pre-order.

11. Azghall

Azghall Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So how do we choose to participate on these stages?

I would like to participate on stage 2. :)

12. FireStrike

FireStrike Star Wrangler

so what IF I still want to test the first stage but I'm still playing Pokemon X. >.<

13. 1. Boot up Starbound
    2. Boot up Pokemon
    3. Play both at the same time
    4. ???
    5. Profit!
    :love:

14. Solokeh Krontos

Solokeh Krontos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You will probably be notified by email and there will be a news post when a new stage becomes available. At that point, simply download the game and play. (If you've bought it, of course.)

15. Lovegun

Lovegun Space Spelunker

Yaaaaay, can't wait! :rainbow:

16. Chute

Chute Aquatic Astronaut

17. Mizore

Mizore Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can count on my assistance in stage one, fourteen years of gaming and mom didn't raise no whiner.

18. Dr Wallace Breen

Dr Wallace Breen Yeah, You!

19. ToastyGod

ToastyGod Big Damn Hero

i would take stage 3 :eek:

20. zero-gg

zero-gg Tentacle Wrangler

I'd like to thank the devs for creating this game and the people waiting for it with this!The bees are the beta, the oprah is the devs, and the peoples are us....the last of us....

[​IMG]

:monkey: