How Does Starbound Compare? What Terraria Fans Should Know

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by LadyAijou, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hukasu

Hukasu Cosmic Narwhal

i have a problem, a really serious problem, i don't know how to speak/write without sounding rude...

and, it is scrambled across thousand of different IRC conversations, just need to find the correct one

there were a livestream that shows a medic hat, but Tiy closed his channel again
    so, the only thing left is the "Combat Medic's Lucky Camo Pants"
    [​IMG]

Holdentoledo likes this.
  2. HoldenToledo

HoldenToledo Space Spelunker

Oh my gosh! just by looking at it! so amazing... so much amazinnng!

3. PhoenixR

PhoenixR Big Damn Hero

A new, bigger, more varied game in the genre I already love?
    Sign me up.

I am glad to see that Starbound has managed to break away from the 'clone' stereotype and has shown itself to be a standalone game.
    All I want, as a Terraria fan, is just one Easter egg. The mime mask sold on blood moons perhaps?

4. Jermex

Jermex The Stampede Forum Moderator

I dunno guys. I think I'd rather they scrapped the content, and just added the last stretch goal to help get the game out faster in some way.

5. Authos

Authos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Lol even modertor wants this game to come out!

6. RichEdmonds

RichEdmonds Void-Bound Voyager

Heh, on a side note, I just noticed that the developer of Terraria has returned. Yeah, I'm a bit slow :)

7. Authos

Authos Scruffy Nerf-Herder

True but then again some people are still wondering if this game is going to be on steam waay to slow.:zzz:Granny with a trolly slow.:)

RichEdmonds likes this.
  8. supershadowdan

supershadowdan Big Damn Hero

I gotta say, this is an excellent thread.

9. Tasman Devil

Tasman Devil Void-Bound Voyager

i love Terraria and Starbound too .. for me is Starboud = Terraria 2 :p maybe i angry some develop but i think its not bad .. its continue for terraria ;)

10. ez`

ez` Space Hobo

Hello LadyAijou,
    I am a (or was) a loyal terraria fan. I simply believed that there no games that you could really compare to terraria, since it was the best. I would reject any new games (Like Starbound) and face away from them, not giving them a shot. I was really unsure if I should be open minded to new games, or simply stick to Terraria. However, when reading this post, I have changed completely. Infact, I even think I am going to buy Starbound right now to test it out. I am not so illiberal as I used to be :3. Thanks for writing that amazing post that changed my thoughts and arrogance towards starbound, and other games.
    Always worth to give it a shot, heh.

11. xXFoxy_LoverXx

xXFoxy_LoverXx Space Hobo

I still say its a clone but this post has changed my mind a bit...

12. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Please do not revive posts that are seriously old. Thanks. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.