Modding Help How does "filter" work?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Leon Norman, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Leon Norman

Leon Norman Void-Bound Voyager

Hello,

i want to add a new item to my craftingtable. I search in this files:

Path->objects\crafting\ironcraftingtable in ironcraftingtable.object
    Path->\recipes\ironcraftingtable (all xxx.recipies)

But i don't understand how to find & change parameters like "groups" (In .recipe files) and "filters" ( in .object files).

so, How can i add a new item in a ironcraftingtable (o, in generale, in another craftingtable)?

thank you <3

2. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

This is very simple, in your standard recipe you will notice a filter data array. This will contain everything you need to know from weather it's crafted by hand to if it's crafted at the robo table. If you still need help let me know.

This as example "groups" : [ "woodencraftingtable", "all", "materials" ] will be crafted in the wooden crafting table, will be available when you don't select a filter, and if you click the materials tab to sort it, it will be there too.

woodencrafting table would be the base area on where it will be crafted, all will be like extra areas it could end up in, and materials is pretty much the same as all only that it will show up in the category.

Leon Norman likes this.
  3. Leon Norman

Leon Norman Void-Bound Voyager

thanks, now i understand how to change the files. But now i have new questions (regarding this argument):

1. I want to create a new crafting station. Do i need only to create a new folder like \objects\crafting\megaipernewcratingtable and put inside the same files of the other craftingstation?
    2. If i create a new cratingtable ( new folder in path as per point 1) i can automatically use it's name as a "Groups"?
    3. Where can i find all groups and filters?
    Thanks for you patient, i love create mod for this game but i need yout help :DD

4. Dekadrachm

Dekadrachm Heliosphere

Alright, the configuration for this type of stuff is stored in their config files. If you look at them you should get a basic understanding. Check near were the buttons are. For example in the wooden crafting table there is a button that looks like a dirt block. This button is for the materials category. Most of the stuff should be self explanatory for as most of it takes place in the config. Study it and if you still don't understand I will explain a little more in depth.