1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I find my way back to my starting planet?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by squirbel, Jan 2, 2014.

1. squirbel

squirbel Intergalactic Tourist

OH WHOOPS! lol

2. Annoctatio

Annoctatio Pangalactic Porcupine

You forgot the minuses!

EDIT: Damn! You beat me to it!

3. Arylin

Arylin Subatomic Cosmonaut

You tried, at least. ;)

4. squirbel

Now I'm sad beyond belief. The bplanets are all the same colors [big blue one, small snowy one, and one purple one....) but when I left the blue and purple were forest biomes. Now they are arid and I cannot find my home that I built. What I lost were two high class weapons and two matter thingies.

The units were marked by a little flag when I entered the correct coordinates, if it was set as home, how come when I press the go home button it doesnt go? I had a lot of fuel [don't anymore].

5. PHaeTH

PHaeTH Space Spelunker

Then you must be in the wrong planetary system around that star or around the wrong star. If you remember the layout of the planets where you were, try looking in nearby planetary systems or nearby stars (without actually going there to save fuel)

6. Betrael

Betrael Poptop Tamer

You'll be fine, the next items up will dwarf any good weapons you found in the starter system. If you really want matter blocks look in the thread of interesting coordinates for any beta system planets that have labs, etc.

7. squirbel

I got the weapons from some random dude when I was in multiplayer D:. 1583dps....

8. Tanek

Tanek Pangalactic Porcupine

The flag only indicates where you are currently. There would be a symbol of a house had you set it to home.

Unless there was a new build between the time you left your base and now, I'd say you might be in the correct system, but the wrong planet group, or there was another alpha file in your universe folder and the one you used was not the one where you built the base.

I don't yet know if this is a bug, but every time you enter the game on a character, a new alpha world file is created in the universe folder. This can make it confusing to find the ones where you actually visited. If you spent a good amount of time and did lots of digging/building on the planet, then the file will generally be larger than one where you have not been.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  9. Betrael

Betrael Poptop Tamer

Easy come, easy go.

10. squirbel