Modding Help How do i add new recipes to anvil/craft bench etc.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Cyanogen101, Oct 16, 2014.

1. Cyanogen101

Cyanogen101 Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, i haven't modded star-bound since way back in last year, I've looked and cant find a solution to a problem we had way back then
    creating new items in a mod that need to be crafted would require editing to player.config to put access to the recipes in certain parts, eg. adding a gun to anvil or a new food to a kitchen/craft table
    The problem was by editing the player.config with these new recipes would require the user to overwrite their file and then installing another mod would then overwrite that as well, removing your recipes
    Sorry if this is written down somewhere :p

2. It is still the same - minus the "overwriting" portion. We have what is now called the __Merge system in the stable and the Patch system in Nightlies (Replaces Merge) There are a couple of tutorials on how to achieve this if you look around.

3. Cyanogen101

So if i'm modding star-bound update 8 (the stable version) i should use _merge?
    and for Nightlys a different system is used called the Patch System?
    Thanks for the quick response btw!

4. Depends... You are going to have to use the Patch system EVENTUALLY since it is replacing the Merge system. The merge system was put into place around Angry (if I remember correctly) and the Patch system is in the Nightlies because the Merge system lacked a lot of features that us modders found to be quite necessary. If you are in the Nightly branch then you must use the Patch, otherwise Merge. Just keep in mind that eventually you will need to use Patch anyway, so even if you are going to go with Merge make sure you learn the new patch system as well.

5. Cyanogen101

I assume this is the Merge system?
    Code:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/overriding-and-merging-config-files-in-mods-deprecated.53775/
    If someone could link me to the nightly patch system that would be great

6. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

7. Cyanogen101