1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.

How do I access Starbound Soundtrack?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IndoorSeeker, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
This thread is has not been replied to for more than 90 days.

How do I access Starbound Soundtrack?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IndoorSeeker, Dec 10, 2013.

1. IndoorSeeker

IndoorSeeker Space Hobo

Hi there, I bought Starbound and the soundtrack DLC through Steam. Steam says I have to access the soundtrack DLC "IN-GAME" but when I open up the game, I can't find anywhere a point from which I can access the soundtrack DLC. To me there is no obvious button that would indicate "this is where you access the soundtrack" so I am lead to believe that I CANT access it even though i purchased the soundtrack. I want access to the soundtrack in a manner that lets me put it in my Itunes library from which i can then enjoy the music without have to be "IN-GAME".

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks,

IndoorSeeker
    • RobertRevenge

RobertRevenge Sandwich Man

I honestly have no clue.
      I would check the Steam root files to see if you have a folder called Starbound Soundtrack.

If you don't know how to get there, it's C: > Program Files x86 > Steam > Steamapps > Common > (Possibly Starbound Soundtrack)

If there isn't a separate folder for it, check in the Starbound folder in the same place.
        IndoorSeeker likes this.
      • MiningPenguin

MiningPenguin Aquatic Astronaut

I'm about to try to figure this out for myself and will hopefully come back with a answer.
          IndoorSeeker likes this.
        • Elkestra

Elkestra Tentacle Wrangler

If you've installed Steam (and game) to the default locations in Windows, the soundtrack is in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\Starbound Complete OST

If you are on a 32-bit version of Windows, ignore the (x86) part of the path.
            IndoorSeeker likes this.
          • IndoorSeeker

IndoorSeeker Space Hobo

Thank you all for your timely response to my question. I would like to CONFIRM that the solution provided by RobertRevenge and Elkestra work and have solved my issue. I was able to copy and paste the soundtrack into my Itunes library and am now able to enjoy it as I please.

Once more, thank you!

IndoorSeeker
              RobertRevenge and MiningPenguin like this.
            Thread Status:
            This thread is has not been replied to for more than 90 days.