1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I access Starbound Soundtrack?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by IndoorSeeker, Dec 10, 2013.

1. IndoorSeeker

IndoorSeeker Space Hobo

Hi there, I bought Starbound and the soundtrack DLC through Steam. Steam says I have to access the soundtrack DLC "IN-GAME" but when I open up the game, I can't find anywhere a point from which I can access the soundtrack DLC. To me there is no obvious button that would indicate "this is where you access the soundtrack" so I am lead to believe that I CANT access it even though i purchased the soundtrack. I want access to the soundtrack in a manner that lets me put it in my Itunes library from which i can then enjoy the music without have to be "IN-GAME".

If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

thanks,

IndoorSeeker

2. RobertRevenge

RobertRevenge Pangalactic Porcupine

I honestly have no clue.
    I would check the Steam root files to see if you have a folder called Starbound Soundtrack.

If you don't know how to get there, it's C: > Program Files x86 > Steam > Steamapps > Common > (Possibly Starbound Soundtrack)

If there isn't a separate folder for it, check in the Starbound folder in the same place.

IndoorSeeker likes this.
  3. MiningPenguin

MiningPenguin Aquatic Astronaut

I'm about to try to figure this out for myself and will hopefully come back with a answer.

IndoorSeeker likes this.
  4. Elkestra

Elkestra Void-Bound Voyager

If you've installed Steam (and game) to the default locations in Windows, the soundtrack is in:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\Starbound Complete OST

If you are on a 32-bit version of Windows, ignore the (x86) part of the path.

IndoorSeeker likes this.
  5. IndoorSeeker

IndoorSeeker Space Hobo

Thank you all for your timely response to my question. I would like to CONFIRM that the solution provided by RobertRevenge and Elkestra work and have solved my issue. I was able to copy and paste the soundtrack into my Itunes library and am now able to enjoy it as I please.

Once more, thank you!

IndoorSeeker

RobertRevenge and MiningPenguin like this.