1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How did you find out about this game?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by OneOnlyDan, Nov 14, 2013.

1. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

2. Most of us from Terraria, this pop in and since development was stopped everybody started to hype about Starbound. <3

Bumber, Quantum and DotBeta like this.
  3. Tleno

Tleno Spaceman Spiff

I;m pretty sure that's the PC Gamer article. Same got me into it... although I decided to give a check on forums just months later.

4. Red announced he was no longer updating Terraria and that Tyi left to work on his own game called Starbound

The rest is history.

5. Hallucinogenus

Hallucinogenus Subatomic Cosmonaut

recall....recall.... nope don't remembering :( but as an game eater you get fast to new games you like, no matter where there are hiding!

6. Dagorran

Dagorran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

7. Soulcrifice

Soulcrifice Big Damn Hero

Ironically I found this game through the Cube World unofficial forums. Someone had suggested we check it out because the dev's here were a lot better at communicating with their community. So a quick Google search, and here I am!

8. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

Penguin King screnshot posted on Terraria forums.

9. Felonious

Felonious Existential Complex

I've traveled from the distant future, where Starbound was just a glorious legend to my peoples. I overshot on my way back and missed the release date by a bit, but that's alright. Imagine my frustration when I discovered an article on Steam telling me that Terraria wasn't the right game.

OneOnlyDan likes this.
  10. NEO|Phyte

NEO|Phyte Subatomic Cosmonaut

Don't remember when exactly, I first heard about it when a thread popped up about it on the Penny Arcade forums.

11. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

This isn't a new topic. But I haven't seen one like it in at least a couple months, so I'll bite.

I learned of this game through one of the steam Greenlight games comments. I don't even remember which game I was reading through the comments on, bu I obviously remember Starbound.

12. Lobo

Lobo Spaceman Spiff

This (maybe) :whistle:

13. Star and Moon

Star and Moon Space Kumquat

Sometime ago, in Hedgewars IRC, I had heard several times about "Tiy's new game". I asked about it and was linked here, and bookmarked it. Later after discovering Terraria I registered on these forums.

14. Quantum

Quantum Spaceman Spiff

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  15. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

That's why there's a search bar... http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/how-did-you-find-starbound.663/
    Anyway I saw Dragonith's monster monster entry on deviantart, which led me to starbound.

Quantum likes this.
  16. WolfMimir

WolfMimir Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was kinda active on the terraria forum and since Tiy worked there before and it came up
    that he would move on and make his own game, thus i found out about Starbound.
    (someone feel free to correct this HORRIBLE grammar, u might get a cookie for it)

17. GeorgeV

GeorgeV Art Director

It was May 2011 and I made some fan art for a certain game and then Tiy was like "d00d I like this!" and I was like "d00d, give me a job!" and soon after I started making the first concept art for what would eventually become known as Starbound.

roman.stanash, Téra, samufel and 9 others like this.
  18. meg

meg Void-Bound Voyager

I was a little kid.
    Some magician called Tyu came and told me an incredible story about a game I always dreamed about.

But so many years have passed and it became an old souvenir...

Some nights, before falling asleep, I sometimes dream about this magician and his wonderfull story... but now that I'm a grown up, I surely know it was only a tale to get little boys to sleep...

Damn !

(Truly, first announcement on Terraria forum a long time ago.)

OneOnlyDan likes this.
  19. MrFaintSpeaker

MrFaintSpeaker Orbital Explorer

My freshman year roommate suggested I take a look at it when I said "I should add space to Terraria".

And that day was good.

20. Active Link

Active Link Master Astronaut

I had just bought Terraria in the steam summer sale last year and then I saw a news article about Starbound in Terraria's steam news feed. Then after exhausting terraria/ getting my experience ruined by a couple friends who'd had it far longer than I, I decided to check out what Starbound was.