1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[GUIDE] Multiplayer w/ Hamachi

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Velcrohead, Dec 4, 2013.

1. BobbyStarbound

BobbyStarbound Space Hobo

The way I do it (in version. enraged koala) is to open up the launcher. After that's done, click on "Launch Starbound Server". A system64 window will come up. Don't worry, it just does its stuff. It takes around 5 minuites for my computer to load up in the sys64 window, maybe 10-15 minuites for slower computers. You'll know when it's done loading. It could eventually say something like, "shutting world down due to inactivity", but just keep following the instructions, it doesn't really mean anything, to put it simple... AND DONT CLOSE THAT WINDOW. Then, after it's done loading (assuming you are already in a hamachi network connection with your friend), in the hamachi window, copy the IP that's right next to the power icon, by left clicking on it, and then clicking "Copy IPv4 Address". Then, send the IPv4 adress you copied to your friend. Then you're all done. Just launch Starbound, go to Multiplayer, click on your character, and copy and paste the IPv4 address into the "Server Address" slot, and connect. Then you're all done. And NO, you DON'T have to put anything into the "Server Account" slot, or the "Server Password" slot. I hope this helped ^.^

2. StarboundAmbassador

StarboundAmbassador Space Spelunker

Thank you very much sir, worked without a hitch.

3. PixelKind

PixelKind Void-Bound Voyager

Uh, so I've been playing for a while, and for the past week, I've hosted daily for a friend and I(<= look, I grammared!). I've been hosting with the 'Starbound - Unstable' option in Steam, and playing with the normal version. For some reason, just now, I can't connect, even though I'm hosting? Its sorta weird. I've restarted the server, the game, and Hamachi. It's still not connecting. I keep getting the following message:
    Join failed! Error connecting to
    '(INSERT IP HERE):21025'
    (NetworkException) cannot connect to
    (INSERT IP HERE):21025: A
    I'm putting my IPv4 from Hamachi in the ip box, and leaving the port blank. It worked before, so I'm sorta miffed its broken.
    The only thing I can think of that changed since last time was a Windows 10 Update.
    Any ideas?

4. Xanirus

Xanirus Ketchup Robot

With 1.0 now no longer requiring advanced server setup and instead using Steamworks to connect, it might be interfering with Hamachi, since a server is more or less not required. But you said you were doing it before, so I dunno. Unless your intent is to always have your computer on 24/7 so others can connect anytime they want, (like a dedicated server) Hamachi isn't required anymore.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2016