1. Lose your pre-order key? Try using Humble's key resender here. Also, please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support/

Notice GENERAL BETA FAQ ~ Read this first!

Discussion in 'In-Game & Billing Support' started by mollygos, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Notice GENERAL BETA FAQ ~ Read this first!

Discussion in 'In-Game & Billing Support' started by mollygos, Dec 4, 2013.

1. mollygos

mollygos Community Manager Starbound Developer

1. I can't run the game/the game crashed!
    Sorry! These things happen during a beta and we're probably working on the problem now. Please post a crash report in this thread and we'll look into your issue!

Also check this temporary work-around thread for potential solutions.

2. I'm encountering a lot of bugs, what's up with that?
    Again, beta. Initial stages of beta. We're working on bugs constantly! If you could post a general bug report here that'd be swell.

3. I don't understand how multiplayer works! I want to play with my friends. :(
    Never fear, the Setting Up Multiplayer Guide is here!

4. My character is gone after the update!
    This will happen periodically! Unfortunately character wipes are a necessary evil during the Progenitor phase, as updates sometimes make characters incompatible with the current version of the game. We will try to keep this from happening too often, but as Tiy outlined in this post, it's gonna happen.

5. Are pre-order backer rewards in-game yet?
    For the most part, no! We're still working on implementing them, especially since many of the rewards tiers were available for purchase up until beta launch.

6. Are Novakids in yet? Monster capture? Pets? Fossils?
    Not yet! The beta is not feature-complete, but people sure seem to be having fun anyway. :)

7. My system specs are too low to run the game right now. I thought Starbound was going to be easier to run!
    We're still working on optimizing the engine, so system specs are going to be a bit higher at first, as Tiy mentioned in this post.

8. I never got my Steam key!
    See this thread for info!

9. How do I play the game? I dunno what I'm doin'.
    Zisteau made a handy first impressions and tutorial video! We'll try to get an official starter guide up soon.

10. I want to use the "unstable" branch of the Starbound updates! How do?
    There is a lovely comprehensive guide on how to do this right here.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
    Pixel Dust, anew742, Ado and 34 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.