1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Game crashing upon entering the mushroom level

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TheFatWhiteOne, Nov 11, 2013.

1. TheFatWhiteOne

TheFatWhiteOne Space Hobo

So I just got this game and from what I can tell, it is amazing.

So I've been playing with 2 friends and whenever we clear the first level, and then move on to the Mushroom version of the second level (Damp Caverns and another one that I don't know the name of), my game crashes. I tried this again in single player and the game crashes too. I have also not seen any mention of this problem in the official bug thread for RoR but if anyone has seen any solutions to this or knows of a way to fix it, it would be greatly appreciated.

What I have done that hasn't worked:
    -Reinstalled the game
    -Used steam's "Verify Integrity of Game Cache" function (nothing came up)
    -Restarted my computer
    -Reinstalling the vcredit file inside of the _Commonredist folder

I'm going to update this thread if I find anything but I will probably be going off to bed before I get any responses.

UPDATES:
    SO I decided to reinstall the game this morning, just to see if that would somehow miraculously fix it, and then I was able to play the mushroom level! I thought that it was fixed but then on my next playthrough, the same thing happened, trying to enter level 2. I don't know if it is crashing to the Mushroom Level again or if the bug has entered a different stage.

After playing further I have realized that reinstalling the game switched which levels crash the game.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2013
    • Vahnkiljoy

Vahnkiljoy Ketchup Robot

Hmm, strange, I would definitely post this in the bug thread at the top just to be sure, could try reinstalling the vcredit files that are in the _Commonredist folder, see if that does anything, if not, than, well, post it in the bug thread is all i got.

• TheFatWhiteOne

TheFatWhiteOne Space Hobo

I don't know how to uninstall a particular file, but I did remove the file from the folder (to the desktop). After that I verified the cache integrity, which I believe reinstalls that file because it said there were 6 missing files and then it downloaded something. It still crashes upon entering the second level.