1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Furry Friendly Starbound Server (Modpack Updated 4/7/2015, Races, Music, Improvements and more!)

Discussion in 'Public Servers' started by Snowpup, Dec 29, 2013.

1. meepcrux

meepcrux Void-Bound Voyager

2. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Dude, the pony modpack update already is going to have a dubstep gun. :DD
    No need to install a new mod for it if it's gonna be here when the modpack updates.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  3. Snowpup

Snowpup Giant Laser Beams

Yeah, I'm going to be doing a full refresh of the server this weekend due to the new update. None of the old universe/world files will be compatible and we will be going vanilla for a little while until mods are updated. I will try my best to find time to see if I can figure out how to update them myself as well.

So everyone, please use the home-page to login and download your worlds in-case you ever want to downgrade to the older version. Come this weekend I will begin work on updating the server.

sρooκs likes this.
  4. sρooκs

sρooκs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hopefully the stable and ssb4 will tide me over until mh4u release. :boo:

5. Snowpup

Actually everyone I've decided to do the server update now and keep us on vanilla until this weekend when I can go through and see which mods will be compatible.

We will be going offline shortly. When we come back you will need to be on the updated version. I will create a backup of the universe as well for those that may want to create a backup of a world they've created. The plugin for downloading it will update on the weekend.

sρooκs likes this.
  6. Cobalt Lightning

Cobalt Lightning Existential Complex

7. Snowpup

Alright as I suspected our wrapper is no longer compatible and will have to be revised. In the meantime we are completely vanilla with no protections, accounts, or anything of that nature. Hopefully that can be fixed in due time.

Server is back online. Site chat will no longer work for in-game players, so I'm simply going to leave it disabled until the wrapper can be updated.

This is going to be a looong weekend...

sρooκs likes this.
  8. Cobalt Lightning

And what with the crash, it's down until Snowpup wakes up.

9. meepcrux

meepcrux Void-Bound Voyager

is anyone getting low fps

10. Cobalt Lightning

Aaannd ninja update.

11. sigint

sigint Phantasmal Quasar

I'll be keeping an eye on this, and the site.. started pretty much a day late and a dollar short, and want to get back to throwing mini concerts...

12. Jake_Shifter

Jake_Shifter Phantasmal Quasar

One thing i strongly dislike about the way mods become incompatible after every release is that what i accept as fundamental parts of the game are suddenly missing for days or weeks
    Debating playing until Kemono and Avali are updated...

13. Snowpup

Sorry, I'd used a new executable and forgot to point the restarter to it.

It is a pain. In the past it never took long, but this is a big, big change and probably will take some time.

14. Jake_Shifter

Jake_Shifter Phantasmal Quasar

I'm getting errors when i try to start Starbound now, is anyone else having the same problem?

15. Mumu_Kokatsuna

Mumu_Kokatsuna Big Damn Hero

Wheh does the mods will work on the server?

16. Vilkata

Vilkata Space Hobo

Yea seems server is down

17. Cobalt Lightning

With two teeny updates now (just got the second) that could be part of the problem.

18. sρooκs

sρooκs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So sneaky! :boo:

19. sigint

sigint Phantasmal Quasar

Server is likely to have issues for quite a while, have faith and patience.

As of current checking, there are numerous other servers out there running the vanilla format and are crashing quite often, and some have even closed down entirely while they await minor patches and fixes.

Remember, we just had a MASSIVE update, and Chucklefish yanked the carpet out from underneath all the modders. Even the dev's are having issues keeping the vanilla as stable as they'd like. There are tons of minor bugs and glitches that are still having to be weeded out, and until then, it's going to be just as hard for the Mod and Server staff to keep this operational. For now, explore and familiarize yourself with Single Player, that way when the server is stable, and the ModPacks go live once again, you are ready.

20. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

So, I remember there was someone here who complained there were too many races in the pony modpack?
    He added another one. :rofl: