Family Sistem

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Sarzael, Feb 24, 2012.

1. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

The sentence by Egadd that started all the suggestion: There should be marriage in the game.

---

So well, i think that there should be some kind of ´´Friendship Meter`` whit npcs, that would increase when you help them, and decrease when you bother them.

It would start by 0, the best being 100 and the worst being -100

Ways to help them would be, making quest for them, giving them gifts, defending them from monsters, making houses for them, etc etc etc.

Ways to bother them would be, failing quests, attacking them, leaving them whit monsters, breaking their houses, etc etc etc.

If they dont like you, they would sell you things at higher price. If they reach to low friendship, they will even leave your crew.

If your friend of them, they would sell things for less money, give you gifts, and at 100 friendship, you could marry them.

After asking to marry, you would have to wait a day. Then everyone on the crew would go to a certain room, where you would have the last chance to decide not to marry.

After marriying, you could ask your couple to make a shop or to help you fight.

If you ask him/her to make a shop, other players could buy from there, and every day you could get an part of the benefits.

If you choose to help you in fight, you could give him/her equipment, and it will follow you and attack enemies. If your couple dies somehow, wont come back.

Homosexual marriage can also happen.

Also, you should be able to marry other players of the other/same gender too, but i dont know how it would work.

The suggestion is on page 71 ( http://playstarbound.com/suggestions/?id=7875&sort=new&c=1&p=list&pg=71 ) for voting. Vote it up if you like.

2. EGadd

EGadd Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Very different from what my idea was ._.

3. Gusty

Gusty Pangalactic Porcupine

What was your idea EGadd?

4. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

You just said Family System (E.g Marriage). What you expected when you told me to post the idea? If you dont like it, do it yourself lol.

5. EGadd

I don't know :p A lot of this sounds like the Skyrim family system and I don't know if it'd work well with Starbound. I was thinking more like the Harvest Moon system

6. Gusty

That could be like Skyrim indeed... Don't we have to restart our life in Starbound? I think we could have a wife/husband and stuff, they could go ADVENTURE with us, like companions ^^

Interesting idea indeed EGadd.

EGadd likes this.
  7. Zolastar

Zolastar Void-Bound Voyager

Well, I think it would be all right. It does seem a bit like Skyrim's, but I think they could make it work somehow. Or at least they could revamp it to make it work.

8. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Dont know that game.

9. EGadd

Yeah, true.. the thing I don't see working is the 'Shop' thing. That's just me though.

10. Gusty

Gasp... you don't know skyrim? Dude...Dudette...you should get it, it's amazing ^^

The Corrupted [ITA] likes this.
  11. EGadd

I think he means Harvest Moon lol

Br4xxx likes this.
  12. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

I got Skyrim... I dont got Harvest Moon

13. Gusty

I hope so... ...but... not sure if that's better or worse :rofl:

EDIT: Ok, harvest moon it is.

Cool game as well, you should look it up, SNES and N64 versions are the best.

14. EGadd

Hehe, Harvest Moon is a must play in my opinion :p

PeteMesquite likes this.
  15. Wired

Wired Big Damn Hero

I like the idea of this definably, also System* :p

SchizophrenicParanoia and EGadd like this.
  16. Eddy Steel

Eddy Steel Existential Complex

It's an Ok idea, but what do you mean by genre?
    (I know what the word is but I am talking about the context)
    Also, Instead of a day to go against your decision, there should just be a a box saying "Do you want to marry ___?" then a "Are you sure you want to marry ___?"
    Lastly, I don't like the shop idea because it makes me remember how messed up the economy is, which frankly makes me depressed.

Br4xxx and EGadd like this.
  17. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

Gender i mean. Male/Female

And how does this make you depressed???

18. EGadd

He means he doesn't want to be reminded of the current state of the economy in real life, Sarzael

19. zorgom

zorgom Void-Bound Voyager

I like this idea!

EGadd likes this.
  20. Sarzael

Sarzael Oxygen Tank

This game already haves money, which said was very important on Starbound, and Terraria also did, and another 95% of the games.
    And almost all of them had shops, so if a simple shop makes you feel depressed...