1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Extended Ship Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Crystalwolf, Dec 6, 2013.

1. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

FLIPPIN SWEET YOOOOO

2. F-ranko

F-ranko Heliosphere

10 outta goddamn 10.
    I reaaaalllyy didn't expect mods to be out so soon.

3. Crystalwolf

Crystalwolf Void-Bound Voyager

Okay so I've been looking at how the game works and how you can get a new sector after defeating a boss using an upgrade. Now I'm thinking it might be possible to allow you to upgrade your ship using a similar mechanic in game. So that when you do get the upgrade item (Which you could craft with pixels aka buy it) It could change the drophshipblocks and the extended ship images. The only problem is once you have made a character their ship data/size is set to them and so I would have to find a way of updating that to do the whole ship.

Starsly likes this.
  4. Counciler

Counciler Master Chief

I don't suppose you have the human Cargo ship done yet?

5. Breakfast Lad

Breakfast Lad Poptop Tamer

I took the liberty of adding some detail to the extended apex ship.

:]

http://oi43.tinypic.com/r06tfn.jpg

She's a fine vessel. I also fixed up some of your imperfections left over from when you added the top section to the ship. Can you please tell me how to make a custom ship? I've got the spriting skills I jut don't know how to get it to work.

6. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

7. Crystalwolf

I appreciate the work you did but you reused assets I made without asking me.
    At the bottom of my post I put "Please ask if you want to rehost/reuse these assets" But you didn't message me anywhere. Nice works and everything but I would prefer if you messaged me first.

It looks nice though and I guess some people will appreciate it. :)

8. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

I started a private conversation so we can discuss the assets.

9. Wilcol

Wilcol Scruffy Nerf-Herder

These are looking pretty glorious. Keep it up.

10. lexietanium

lexietanium Subatomic Cosmonaut

Would we needing to start a new game when you publish those as well?

11. Crystalwolf

Currently that is true but I might be able to fix that in the future. All the data is saved into the players file and it doesn't update. I'll see if I can get around it though.

12. KrazyTheFox

KrazyTheFox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You've got a bit of a bug in your mod, here. It was causing endless amounts of headaches when programming my Mod Manager.
    The starting loot for the human ship points at the Apex loot table instead. Just a head's up.

13. Crystalwolf

Did you try the latest download? The problem/issues should be fixed with that a while back.

14. KrazyTheFox

If the latest update was within the last hour and a half, then no. I downloaded the ALLSHIPS.zip file, if that helps.

15. Crystalwolf

Definately helps. Apparently my ALLSHIPS.zip did not upload. Sorry about that.

16. KrazyTheFox

S'all good. Just threw me for a loop thinking I was somehow modifying the bootstrap wrong. :p

17. Crystalwolf

It won't work. At least not straight away. You could put all your items down on a planet, and everything in the ship down to a planet, delete the ship file so it creates a new one however I wouldn't recommend doing this. Rather create a new character and put all the items onto it by picking them up from another planet.

18. The Alien Way

The Alien Way Existential Complex

I think these bigger ships should be added to the main game, at least until the devs implement ship crafting or creating "ship modules" that attach to doorways etc.. My current vanilla ship looks like an intergalactic pawn shop its so crammed full :wut:

19. Necro-

Necro- Yeah, You!

really love your design however i would suggest a few changes - first make it less long (i'd say 2 bulkheads and add another engine part like you have at the bottom, on the top for more symmetry.

great worth regardless - eagerly awaiting a release!

20. Okash

Okash Void-Bound Voyager

I ended up with :

[​IMG]

I had to add a custom booster object to the secondary smaller booster engine

I think I'm done with it however. I'll zip it and release it tommorow for anyone to do what they like with it