1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Error: Access violation detected

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Ignotis, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Ignotis

Ignotis Space Hobo

yesterday my server gave out an error-Error: Access violation detected, and now he throws this error again and again.
    log errors:
    Error: Access violation detected at 0x775be426 (Write of address 0x175da38)
    Error: Stack Trace...
    006B26C0 (C:/starbound/source/core/StarSignalHandler_windows.cpp:16)
    775BE426
    775BE023
    75CC98CD
    006FB7AB (C:/starbound/source/core/StarBTree.hpp:404)
    006FB83D (C:/starbound/source/core/StarBTree.hpp:406)
    ... (2)
    006FFABA (C:/starbound/source/core/StarVariantDatabase.cpp:17)
    ... (4)
    00401413 (e:\p\giaw\src\pkg\mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32-src\bld/../mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32-src/src/libcrt/crt/crt1.c:254)
    775C9EF2
    775C9EC5
    please help.

2. Voxy

Voxy Space Hobo

I'm getting the same error, it was working fine last night. But trying this morning and boom, it's broken. :(

3. Ravenheart

Ravenheart Void-Bound Voyager

4. Reaper Of Fear

Reaper Of Fear Tentacle Wrangler

Me too, maybe this is a bug that will be fixed in the big update this weekend.

5. Reaper Of Fear

Reaper Of Fear Tentacle Wrangler

Me too, maybe this is a bug that will be fixed in the big update this weekend.

6. lupusthethird

lupusthethird Space Hobo

I had this error too, however I managed to "fix" it.

I had guessed that this was a result of a corrupted World file (which I have seen happen in Terraria sometimes). I went to the "universe" folder in Steam\Steamapps\common\Starbound\universe and then moved it out of the game directory. When I started the server back up, it created a new universe and then the server booted just fine.

However, this wasn't exactly an elegant solution, as it required ditching the entire universe I had been using, along with my homebase et al. So, I moved the universe folder back into the game directory, and then sorted the files within it by the "Last modified" property. Then I removed the WORLD files (which basically contain the individual moons/planets) that were modified in the last day. Yes, this means those planets no longer exist... luckily for me none of them were important planets to me. Anyways, I successfully booted the server after removing those WORLD files, so the corruption must've been in one of those files.

This may be jumping to conclusions, but I have a suspicion that it's related to the new block destruction feature that the UFO Boss has. The ONLY thing that I did on the day the corruption occurred was fight the UFO Boss... and watch the small battle shack I created get demolished by it.

Anyways, I hope this helps you all out. Unfortunately you'll end up losing a world or two with this method but it's better than being unable to play or losing your entire universe.

7. Sethani

Sethani Space Hobo

There's actually nothing stopping you from putting back the worldfiles AFTER you've loaded up the server. The worlds aren't loaded in until you visit there, so you can safely put them back. It's a slight pain, but you will lose nothing in the end.

So in short, do as above poster says, plus a bit extra:

1) Move all the world files from the server to a seperate directory
    2) Boot up the server completely
    3) Move all the world files back to the server

It'll have to do, until the official patch.