1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Easter Egg within the character creator [3/6 found]

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by plaYer2k, Feb 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luci

Luci Subatomic Cosmonaut

Apologies accepted. I'll take your word from here on. :)

demanrisu and AstroBlast like this.
  2. Shiftyeyesshady

Shiftyeyesshady Space Penguin Leader

I was just thinking, it would be hilarious if there wasn’t a single Easter egg hint in the Roadmap whatsoever.

If I were Tiy and did that, i'd be having a pretty big laugh watching this thread. :D

3. tedlil

tedlil Pangalactic Porcupine

4. Magician Xy

Magician Xy Ketchup Robot

I thought the hints to the easter eggs were supposed to be obvious. I mean, think about where we've seen the clues so far:

1) In the official thread showing off the new character creator, with a name cut off in the character name field. That's practically a gimme, as far as the "is it a clue?" quality.
    2) In the first newsletter, in a speech bubble that made no sense out of context, with a caption of "Hint, hint". Another gimme, if you ask me.

We've already had people try a bunch of variations on all the obvious clues in the roadmap - the Dr LiLi, Furious George, etc. clues in the pictures. If it's buried deeper than that, we've got a problem.

Luci likes this.
  5. I'd say Dr. Lili should be a pretty obvious one as well.
    It's just like the first one except part of it is cut off. If that ain't a clue, I don't know what is...

6. Banphira

Banphira Void-Bound Voyager

Did any f you see this post in the roadmap?

7. At first I thought you were on to something, but then I recognised an actual constellation, Orion:

eeddffa.png ..=.. [​IMG]

Breather, Keeper, Affero and 2 others like this.
  8. tramsan

tramsan Contributor

The first one was a freebie, simply to establish that there are easter eggs and wet your appetite. Putting "hint hint" under the second one was not my idea. ;)

9. Magician Xy

Magician Xy Ketchup Robot

I agree, that one does seem obvious. But I've already tried punching it in, as seen in the screenshot, and it does nothing. I've also tried a number of variations of the name: Dr Lili, DrLiLi, DrLili, etc. Now, if after a quick google search no one can find a good, solid lead on the clue, then we should probably drop it - these are puzzles that theoretically anyone can solve, and if it requires intense amounts of research and guesswork based on uncommon knowledge, we're digging too far.

10. blargyblargy

blargyblargy Starship Captain

That's Orion. I'll give you that.
    It could be something or nothing, I say we look at stars and match them all up, I think it'd be fun to say the least.

And then we have Dr. Lili. I'm shit out of ideas and having a mod mocking me doesn't help, but if you guys want him around, your choice. I'ma go super sleuthing

11. MoonGeek

MoonGeek Phantasmal Quasar

I was going to go through all the real constellations and try to find matching ones, but ran out of time. I may do that later on, then try to find any correlation between them.

12. Luci

Luci Subatomic Cosmonaut

Check this out.

Roadmap constellations.png

This is the exact constellation on the Roadmap page, I only gave it a black background. I think we're getting somewhere. :coffee:

13. Soup

Soup Giant Laser Beams

Very nice layout, though I doesn't look like most of those are real constellations to me. The only one I could pick out besides Orion (which isn't even the full constellation) is that the last one looks like Eridanus.

14. todayisok

todayisok Subatomic Cosmonaut

These are my guesses
    [​IMG]

I think I've already seen 8 but I don't remember what it is.

EDIT: updated

15. Haruhi Suzumiya

Haruhi Suzumiya Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Get the first letter of every constellation.

AstroBlast likes this.
  16. Luci

Luci Subatomic Cosmonaut

The ones you identified all seem correct, except for Orion. That lower section doesn't really seem to match the real constellation.

17. todayisok

Master O?pe

If it is not Orion, it could be Master Ape?

18. FiveFives

FiveFives Subatomic Cosmonaut

Is that first one Cassiopeia? That's just from memory, my constellations are fuzzy. Don't really remember it having those fiddly little stars at the top right...

19. Luci

Luci Subatomic Cosmonaut

I did that. I looked at all the 10 letter words with "TER" and that ended with "PE", since these constellations seem the most correct.

No luck. Perhaps they'll be backwards, etc.

First and most importantly is able to identify all with 100% certainty. Then we see what we can retrieve from the names. :)

Edit: So it turns out to be 9 letters, two separate words. "Master Ape".

20. todayisok

It's MasterApe guys :ninja:

[​IMG]

Mr.X, Hypersthene, Jermex and 17 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.