1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Earthlings! Looking for a new home?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Squishybrick, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Squishybrick

Squishybrick Phantasmal Quasar

Are you sad that your planet was destroyed? Don't you wish you could find another one just like it?

Well I've got the deal for you!

Introducing -
    Alpha Sigma Ori 836 I b (On galaxy A)

XY Coordinates: -35758755, 86159452

The dirt is brown, the grass is green, the trees are natural-looking, and the water is blue!

Some of you might have found similar or possibly better planets suitable for human re-population, but I thought it'd
    be neat to share this one as well!

This planet naturally grows avesmingos, and is loosely populated with some avians, including a pesky avian pirate ship,
    so you might have to scuffle a bit to assert racial dominance on this rock.

I'm sure you'll vastly enjoy your stay on Alpha Sigma Ori 836 I b, but just be careful of the natural wildlife, and be mindful of
    the small patch of corrupted dirt on the southern side of the planet that has tentacles growing out of it.

Here's hoping you have a wonderful time on Alpha Sigma Ori 836 I b, And good luck with re-population!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
    The Squid likes this.
  2. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

I would recommend posting the coordinates or no one will be able to find it! :)

The | Suit and Serenity like this.
  3. SeaMichelle

SeaMichelle Some Sort of Weird Fish Princess

You should also mention which OS you're playing on. Universe generation is different per OS. Mac or Linux players probably won't find a Windows-generated planet with coordinates, for example.

Boshed and Serenity like this.
  4. Gav Featherbeak

Gav Featherbeak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What? I didn't know that was a thing. Are you serious?

5. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

Also how the heck do you decide which part of the planet is the southern part?

6. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

You either make a lucky guess or you run around the planet to find it.

7. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Definitely not, it's the best thing that's ever happened to me

The Squid likes this.
  8. Squishybrick

Squishybrick Phantasmal Quasar

The universe generating thingy was used on windows! If you own a mac or use linux, you'll have to find your own hearty earth-like planet to call your own
    and share with all your mac/linux buddies!

The south end of the planet is typically about half-way over the planet to one or the other direction, so basically, opposite the spot where you spawned.. (Since being the only rightful owner of the planet the second you land on it, you get dibs on choosing where north is!)