1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Drysap Conspiracy Theory

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FloomRide, Nov 28, 2014.

?

Believe this theory?

1. yes

22.5%
  2. yesssss

65.0%
  3. no

12.5%
  1. FloomRide

FloomRide Cosmic Narwhal

Perhaps this should go in "The Agaran Menace" thread, but I think it deserves it's own because I'm arrogant.

Anyway, I came up with this theory about drysap. Greenfinger, when he first found it, sent it to the Dust to see if they have any use for it there. Lore found in the Dust (aka Floran prison) tells of how drysap can have horrible effects on Florans, especially those of higher intellect, and how it causes "physical changes" to the body and an actual hatred of other Florans. You can find an Agaran setpiece that has a small house with a jail cell (housing a Floran) under it. Guess what's in the jail cell.

A drysap dispenser. They were deliberately feeding them drysap.

The fungal pods (that the Agarans presumably come out of) are described as "Floran in origin" by the glitch. In the final edition of "a greenguard's journal", the greenguard (who has been under the worse effects of drysap) wants to burn his friends and be "reclaimed by the oaken army". Drysap is said to physically enhance a Floran's bodily strength and multiplies inside their blood and takes over, sort of like a virus.... or a fungal infection...

You can probably tell what I'm trying to say.

I'm saying that Drysap slowly turns Florans into Agarans, and when ready to finally transform they form a cocoon and mutate completely.

This is probably how all Agaran life started, and this can be supported by the fact that Agarans use Floran furniture and armor. When their hats are taken off (using a mod) you can actually see that they are Florans.

2. sansy

sansy Big Damn Hero

Indeedy indeedy. There's actually a whole community thread about this, actually. I think it's one of the pinned ones up top!

3. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

While I do agree that drysap is involved in the floran ➡ Agaran process, I don't think it is the main cause. Agarans are commonly found with floran by lava. Drysap seems to be a hydrant, letting Florans survive without water. I think what the Agarans do is dry them for some reason, using drysap to keep them alive. Then some mysterious stuff goes down and they end up in those pods. Agarans (or at least the G2 Agarans) were proven to reproduce by killing its host and using its DNA as a template. This "cooking" of the Florans is probably meant to weaken them, and drysap is used to keep them alive, so that the infection can do its work. It's a nice theory though.

4. Lintton

Lintton Guest

It does seem weird that drysap is mentioned as vital to floran life, yet iirc, there's not much mention or referral of it other than in the floran prison.

5. OuttaThinAir

OuttaThinAir Big Damn Hero

I agree with the first part. Let me tell you, my brother's character is going to freak out when he hears this! Ha!

6. Nutric

Nutric Pangalactic Porcupine

Wasn't it confirmed that this particular fungal virus was bio-engineered by the Apex to get rid of Florans?

My guess is that the Agarans are simply a bio-weapon experiment gone wrong.

7. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

No...?

8. Nutric

Nutric Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]
    Doesn't this point out to the fact the Apex are behind this?

Lots of Agaran pods can be found near Apex facilities.

The Alonne likes this.
  9. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

Ah, that picture. It definitely shows that Apex have to do with the pods, but the original origin of the Agarans is still a complete mystery.

Hawk Novablast likes this.
  10. OuttaThinAir

:wot::wot::wot::wot:
    This is a sort of scary conversation.
    I'm going to leave now...
    :kitten2:
    Just kidding!

11. Feathery Quink

Feathery Quink Title Not Found

But what about those creepy green monkeys? They are all Agaranized. The Apex put Floran DNA inside the Apex. The Agaran seem to destroy the Apex facilities. Read "Blog of a Lab Assistant" codex and "Incarcerus Notes".

12. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

" Looks like Apex and Agarans aren't comparable."
    - Whoever the person who reads item descriptions is

The Agarans (or at least the G2) reproduce by using the DNA of a corpse as a template to make an Agaran, which was proven in the case of the Black Sparrow. This descriptions suggests that that Apex DNA is already so screwed up that the Agarans can't work with it.

Also, the glitch inspection tells us that Apex crawled in the pod by choice and is still alive. (Also, it's an Apex Mutants)

13. FloomRide

FloomRide Cosmic Narwhal

exactly what are the G2 Agarans vs other Agarans? I need filling in.

:lickitung:

anyway, the formerly mentioned art of an Apex lab was created by a regular forum-er , I believe.

14. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

This may help: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/the-agaran-menace.68061/page-117#post-2066635

BUT WAIT!!!!!!!111!!!!!111wkhkejfnlsgbv
    If you don't want to read all of that stuff yet, I'll deliver the shorter answer!

Agaran's are classified from G0 - G3.

G0 Agarans are the small mushroom creatures in the villages. They look like this:
    [​IMG]

G1 Agarans are the first to be found. They are the Stinkhorn Agarans and the Puffball Agarans. They look like this:
    [​IMG]
    (Stinkhorn)
    [​IMG]
    (Puffball)

The G2 Agarans are the new two, sighed in a later update. They are the Fly Agaric and the Sky Blue. They were found after the appearance of the strange pods in Apex facilities. They are predicted to have been the ones who came out of the pods. This is what they look like:
    [​IMG]
    (Sky Blue)
    [​IMG]
    (Fly Agaric)

Finally, we have the G3 Agaran. They are predicted to be the worst of the worst. This is their pod:
    [​IMG]
    This is the only known picture on one, out of it's pod:
    [​IMG]

15. Feathery Quink

But what is their quest? To simply spread like a fungus, not knowing what they are doing? Or are they up to something more nefarious? Will the Agaran menace claim our lives...?

<dramatic closing music>

16. Owl_Stalker

Owl_Stalker Guest

*the audience lights come on, revealing that the audience was all Agarans, armed with tomatoes*

17. OuttaThinAir

*All the actors on stage scream and run in terror.*

18. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

While the Floran advance in technology and sophistication stabbing, the Agaran have been kept in the dark and fed a steady diet of manure. They've grown tired of it, and now rise up against those that chop them up and put them on pizzas.

19. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

The Agaran's are a serious issue, and I can assure you all that the USCM has been taking serious measures to get to the bottom of this.

20. Feathery Quink

Not tomatoes. NOT TOMATOES! The few things I fear are tomatoes, tying things, and spiderwebs.

Hawk Novablast likes this.