1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

DJ's Arts 'n' Crafts.

Discussion in 'Art' started by DJFlare84, Mar 11, 2013.

1. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

There comes a time in every young forum's life when it must be subjected to the life-altering event of me trying to brag about how well I can draw years after I've actually stopped drawing.

That won't, however, stop me from showcasing things I've done in the past.

Now, I'm gonna use this post as an archive of everything I put up here, so that people don't have to go looking every week through the whole thread.

I rather like myself, so I tend to draw myself (albeit just a BIT stylized). Here's everything in that category.

1. Oblivion Mode - Edited sprite to add my "god mode" features. I will someday post all the details of this form and what it does, but not here. X3

2. The Zephyr - Me as a wind-manipulating samurai warrior... with a mask. My catch-phrase is "Like the wind!!!".

3. Oblivion Arms - More of me, Kain Masters, showing off my Tyrant Nail (Zion claw-gauntlet). In addition, I'm wielding a technologically developed gauntlet called the Saint Knuckle, which is meant to be a symbolic "good half".

Because I'm such a huge MegaMan fan, I either draw a bunch of my own fancharacters, or even the originals themselves. And here's all of the things that fall in that category!

1. SkullMan Mk V - Messing around with some ideas for a SkullMan re-design. He's from MegaMan-IV, if you didn't know/remember.

2. CrossMan - One of my more recent fancharacters. CrossMan's master weapon is the "Cross Blaster". It automatically locks onto the nearest enemy and instantly hits them with a super-fast bullet-spray.

3. OmniMan - One of my old ones. He's a sort of god-like boss character that fights by floating around and shooting lasers and erecting barriers. Typical energy-manipulation stuff.

4. FlareMan - One of my oldest and one of my favorites. FlareMan's a laid-back guy with the voice of Metabee from the english dub! He has two guitars (not pictured), one that he can fly around on (TrailBlazer), and another that he uses to manipulate fire for his attacks (FireStarter).

5. GuardMan - Better known by his nickname, "Jazz", GuardMan is my oldest, most well-known fancharacter (I used him a lot on RP boards). His signature move is the Final Fist, your token big, exploding punch of righteousness.

6. GraveMan - One of my old fancharacters, although this is a recent redesign. As a Robot Master (classic series), he summons zombie robots in battle and his weapon is an aura that sends a vengeful ghost to unavoidably damage you if you shoot him while it's up (Grave Avenger). He was drastically different in a Battle Network RP I once ran, where he was the guardian of the "GraveNet" (where all data goes to die), and was an all-powerful boss entity like Serenade, etc.

7. MeteorMan.EXE - A character I made for a friend of mine. I... I never did finish those legs...

8. PirateMan.EXE - My attempt at envisioning PirateMan as a Battle Network character. You can't tell because it's incomplete, but that's supposed to be an anchor he's restin' his hand on.

9. AcidMan - Powered Up - Drawn in Powered-Up style, AcidMan is the first robot Dr. Kain Masters ever created. Built to store and spray a powerful acidic compound capable of eating through solid matter in seconds, AcidMan is especially resistant to the dangerous liquid he contains. However, an unfortunate leak near his motherboard caused an unfortunate glitch in his program. He became rogue and is considered highly dangerous.

10. SolarMan - Powered Up - The SECOND Robot Dr. Kain created (also drawn in Powered-Up style). The red orb in SolarMan's head collects solar energy and can amplify it into a dangerously powerful laser out of pure, concentrated light. I created this guy before MegaMan-10 came out and I ain't about to change his name just for that.

Nothing here, yet. Check back!

Do note, people, you're welcome to post here and leave comments.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  2. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

UPDATE

I must apologize to you, my audience, because I forgot to mention the most important part about myself as an artist.

I am a huge, HUGE fan of MegaMan. And I tend to draw a lot of MegaMan characters, or my own characters in the traditional MegaMan styles.

Here's me attempting to make SkullMan look even more dangerous.

And because EVERYONE has one, here's my token god-character, OmniMan.

And finally, here's CrossMan, a Classic-Style Robot Master.

3. Shock

Shock Spaceman Spiff

Love your art, you're an all rounder. It's a shame you don't do requests.

4. Redheat

Redheat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice sword("valor"). Kinda looks like Rivens sword from LoL(I'm pretty sure that's what you were going for. heh)

[​IMG]

5. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

Don't really much care for LoL myself...

As a MegaMan fan, I actually drew my inspiration from Zero's Rakukoujin.

I guess you could also say it looks a bit like SwordMan's Sword.

6. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

Have I mentioned... that I REALLY. LIKE. MEGAMAN?

EDIT: I have updated the opening post into an archive, finally.

7. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

UPDATE: Added PirateMan.EXE and MeteorMan.EXE to the MegaMan section of the archive post.

8. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

UPDATE. Added Powered-Up drawwin's of AcidMan 'n' SolarMan (not THAT one...) to the MegaMan section.

Yes I f***in' LOVVE MegaMan stuff.

9. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

SURPRISE UPDATE: Added #4 "Oblivion Arms" to the "Everything Me" section.

At the time of writing this post, a crop of the image is currently my avatar.