1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Detailed Ship Size Comparison

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Varixai, Mar 1, 2015.

1. DivineMalevolence

DivineMalevolence Big Damn Hero

Uneven force distribution due to odd shape combined with its thrusters.
    You'd either have to have thrusters not working to full capacity in an exceedingly complex and even more inefficient arrangement or the stress placed on certain parts of the ship would tear it apart.[DOUBLEPOST=1425270921][/DOUBLEPOST]
    It's only boring if you're not playing with the illusory effects of going real fast.
    Drive by a planet at multiple times the speed of light and they'll be looking at your tail end going back in time in the opposite direction for years to come.

2. Nibolas O Anelbozas

Nibolas O Anelbozas Spaceman Spiff

putting this way i guess you are right, but space give me a melancholic feel

3. Stalkish Cockatiel

Stalkish Cockatiel Existential Complex

The inertia dampeners would fly off from the inertia
    [​IMG]

4. CmereSweetHeart

CmereSweetHeart Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't get it

5. Arti78

Arti78 Space Kumquat

Or, or, bear with me now. The ships operate on an Inertialess drive! Just means the ship can move without causing any form of inertia on the ship or it's contents.

6. Eisengreifer

Eisengreifer Orbital Explorer

Thank you very much for the enlightening number crunching! I did have the feeling that the ships weren't of equal size, but didn't bother to do the math.

7. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Worthy of wiki.

*Places a wax seal of approval on the charts*

8. Lazer

Lazer Existential Complex

Hyotl ship should become a whale for the last tier.

9. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Hylotl ship is the smallest because they were worried about intergalactic fishing regulations. If they were larger, more Floran would be allowed to keep the ships they caught, whereas now the Floran must (legally) release them back into the wild.

10. CmereSweetHeart

CmereSweetHeart Subatomic Cosmonaut

FUCK THE POLICE

Someone had to say it

I said it

sid3aff3ct and DarthTrethon like this.
  11. L. F. Oxidizer

L. F. Oxidizer Pangalactic Porcupine

Welp, it seems even Chucklefish hates the Hylotl. You had one job, fish people.

But of course, Akado's explaination makes sense, too... :p

My computer already winced just by seeing that.

Nibolas O Anelbozas likes this.
  12. DivineMalevolence

DivineMalevolence Big Damn Hero

Floran fight law.

Law win.

13. Clorox

Clorox Intergalactic Tourist

Quick question: Can you access these ships in the Nightly build? If so, how?

In my game, I beat the last (?) boss available to me (the penguin mech). After doing so, there are no quests available at the outpost, and the trader on the far right says that he'll help me if I can scratch a few more backs/help out more people. I'm not sure if my game is bugged or if there is something I'm missing.

Thank you for any help you can give me!

14. Slywyn

Slywyn Existential Complex

You're missing a quest. There's at least one more boss available.

15. Garatgh Deloi

The penguin mech is the last boss currently.

As for misc quests (necessary for ship upgrades). Check your quest log. You need to finish every single quest you cant skip any. Most likely you have a unfinished quest in your log.

If you have no quests in your quest log see if you have a available ship upgrade allredy unlocked at S.A.I.L. You need to do the upgrade to unlock the quests for the next ship level.

If you dont have any quests in the log and cant upgrade and have no quests at the outpost that does sound like a bug.

16. Clorox

Clorox Intergalactic Tourist

Thank you for the helping me realize my stupidity. I thought everything was complete, but sure enough, there was one quest that I hadn't finished (Tier 6 weapons and armor, and I was being thwarted by a cake of all things). So much more to do now! Thanks again!

17. Garatgh Deloi

Np, its a common mistake so dont feel bad about it.

18. Krank

Krank Void-Bound Voyager

I think the Floran ship is largest so they have room for trophies. Or trees.