1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Dead mobs still damages you

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by DraLUSAD, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DraLUSAD

DraLUSAD Giant Laser Beams

When fighting enemies, there is a case, when a mob dies (Flashing indication) and you walk into it or it falls on you (Flying mobs) they can still damage you, some times, even kill you, such as mini boss mobs, when you kill it (And it flashes) and accidentally walk into it, there is a chance for you to die too, resulting in losing the item

2. Tlarby

Tlarby Guest

That's common but not exactly as you said. When you kill the mob it'll immediately flip off the damage it does; but not if you kill it close enough to the time it would hit you. It's annoying but it can be a bit annoying to prevent. Just try and keep your distance and if it still hits you; you may be lagging.

3. Sarioya

Sarioya Big Damn Hero

This has happened with every flyer I've killed since the update. It's really annoying since they seem to attack completely out of nowhere now (assuming that I wasn't just getting lucky with their agro ranges before), and I tend to get swarmed by them, so the bow isn't the best option for taking them out quickly. That's another issue entirely though. I think that the taking damage while they're dieing bug may be related to the bug where landbound mobs die, but continue to chase and attack you. I'm pretty sure neither is a lag issue since I've encountered them both on single player with smooth gameplay.

4. Orangemicro

Orangemicro What do you get if you multiply six by nine?

This has happened to me too! I kill the flying monster with the bow and it falls and if I touch it before it turns into food or leather it hurts me. This happened multiple times on single player, where I don't believe it is lag.

Also, I believe that aggro range for the birds is larger too (not an issue but observation).

5. Lunacy

Lunacy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Only usually seems to happen to me when a flying monster is dead and falling out of the sky I still take a lot of damage (during solo.)
    Ground monsters don't usually hurt me after death unless natural server latency.

6. DraLUSAD

DraLUSAD Giant Laser Beams

that's true, ground monsters, not so much as the fliers, annoying, but i can cope, its not like am going to loose everything now ;)

7. Zoro the Gallade

Zoro the Gallade Big Damn Hero

I actually laughed my ass off when I was killed by a dead bird that I had just shot down, because it made way too much sense to me.

8. Green Causali-Tea

Green Causali-Tea Industrial Terraformer

I've had quite a few mutual kill scenarios. It's very frustrating, since it punishes play at what would otherwise be exciting, high-challenge fights (when exploring planets and deep locations that are above your level). Suffering death by corpse is entirely silly.

Granted, it is very funny when it's a bird falling out of the sky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.