1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed CURRENT WORK-AROUNDS (Try these if you're having issues!)

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by mollygos, Dec 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikaroni

mikaroni Space Spelunker

I'm getting an error that is saying,
    GraphicsException: Could not create the Direct3d device 00408BAE
    (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/graphics/StarGraphicsCommon.hpp:8) 00408DFC
    (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/application/StarApplicationBase.cpp:645) 0040987E
    (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/application/StarApplicationBase.cpp:135) 0040779F
    (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/client/main.cpp:49) 004DB801 (c:/SDL-1,2,15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c318)

anyone else getting the same message?

doobydude likes this.
  2. KingKozuma

KingKozuma Tentacle Wrangler

This was somehow due to running it as an admin. After turning this off, it began to run normally (and somehow without lag).

GrandKai likes this.
  3. 12yz12ab

12yz12ab Aquatic Astronaut

Is there any workaround for the hunting bow issue?

4. CAV3man64

CAV3man64 Master Chief

I am having freezing problems I'll select my guy from the start and spawn in my ship and somehow i die in there not sure why and then when i go to beam down to the planet it freezes in the process of the beam but the music is still playing

5. Spazmatism

Spazmatism Aquatic Astronaut

There is no "multi-core optimization" option. Does turning off "Anisotropic sample optimizations" do any good or will it murder my game?

6. Mykiss1

Mykiss1 Orbital Explorer

Mine says something similar -
    Error: Failed to initialize graphics mode: GraphicsException: Could not create the Direct3d device
    00408BAE (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/graphics/StarGraphicsCommon.hpp:8)
    00408D0D (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/application/StarApplicationBase.cpp:653)
    0040987E (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/application/StarApplicationBase.cpp:135)
    0040779F (E:/Steamworks/Starbound/git/starbound/source/client/main.cpp:49)
    004DB801 (c:\SDL-1.2.15/./src/main/win32/SDL_win32_main.c:318)

doobydude likes this.
  7. krq2000

krq2000 Space Spelunker

There is no "multicore optimization" in the control panel unfortunately.

8. DakkonMartel

DakkonMartel Subatomic Cosmonaut

I don't want this to sound rude or mean... but all the people saying to "just wait" are not on windows XP on windows 7 the game does freeze for about 30-50 seconds then load the menu. ALL users I have seen so far with windows XP do indeed freeze on the chuckle fish screen. and they fail to load up to the menu. I have left mine on for about 2 hours straight now... with no luck. So we need a bug fix for this desperately. telling us to just wait is only upsetting us more.

also, we have all noticed that our starbound txt files all end the same way :

Info: Preparing Star::Root...
    Info: Creating default Star::Configuration
    Info: Done preparing Star::Root.
    Info: Client version 'Beta v. Perturbed Koala' '615' '418'
    Info: Starting from the title screen
    Info: Initialized SDL
    Info: Initialized SDL Video
    Info: Initialized SDL Joystick
    Info: Initialized SDL Sound
    Info: Opened default audio device with 44khz / 16 bit stereo audio, 2048 sample size buffer
    Info: Initializing SDL Window
    Info: OpenGL version: '3.3.0' vender: 'NVIDIA Corporation' renderer: 'GeForce 9500M GS/PCI/SSE2' shader: '3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler'
    Info: Created initial window 1920x1080
    Info: OpenGL version: '3.3.0' vender: 'NVIDIA Corporation' renderer: 'GeForce 9500M GS/PCI/SSE2' shader: '3.30 NVIDIA via Cg compiler'
    Info: Re-created window 1280x740
    Info: Loading Star::Root...

Flevalt and zathras32 like this.
  9. NoxiousRaven

NoxiousRaven Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I hear some people are having it working by disabling the Steam Overlay.

10. DakkonMartel

DakkonMartel Subatomic Cosmonaut

tried that already. no luck. the steam overlay is the steam community correct?

11. Spazmatism

Spazmatism Aquatic Astronaut

Tried that, game crashed as soon as I went to the planet.

12. Kalicu

Kalicu Space Hobo

I suppose this is somewhat pointless to point out but I can't pass the logo either... Tried as admin and disabling steam overlay. Disabling the overlay seemed to give me some extra time before windows told me that the game wasn't responding though.

13. Gerrinator

Gerrinator Starship Captain

My Starbound directory doesn't appear to have any .exe files...

14. Relinies

Relinies King Homestuck III

Konis likes this.
  15. Nerva

Nerva Parsec Taste Tester

Yeah, on WinXP, the game is freezing permanently on the Chucklefish logo. Here's "Starbound.log" from my latest attempt to run the game.
    Code:
    Info: Preparing Star::Root...
    Info: Creating default Star::Configuration
    Info: Done preparing Star::Root.
    Info: Client version 'Beta v. Perturbed Koala' '615' '418'
    Info: Starting from the title screen
    Info: Initialized SDL
    Info: Initialized SDL Video
    Info: Initialized SDL Joystick
    Info: Initialized SDL Sound
    Info: Opened default audio device with 44khz / 16 bit stereo audio, 2048 sample size buffer
    Info: Created initial window 1920x1080
    Info: Re-created window 1280x977
    Warn: Perf: StarApplicationBase::run.innerLoop millis: 253
    Info: Loading Star::Root...
    I have attempted to use both the normal and OpenGL versions. I have disabled the Steam overlay. I have tried waiting; in fact, the last time I tried to wait it out, I went out, made a couple of bacon cheeseburgers and homemade fries, and ate dinner with my Dad, only to come back and find the game still hung on the Chucklefish logo.

vogel, zathras32 and Kanedork like this.
  16. Skydog6301

Skydog6301 Void-Bound Voyager

Im on a mac and it just gives me the "Starbound quit unexpectedly" message as soon as I click the icon.

Starpuggle, PurpleSquirel43 and gaad like this.
  17. KarrsGoVroom

KarrsGoVroom Astral Cartographer

I've been getting the same thing along with a good number of other people. I run Mac OSX 10.7.5, but people who have been running Mac OSX 10.8 haven't been having issues about Start-up crashes (their problem was with the hunting bow crash). I feel as if there may be a problem with OSX 10.7.5 and below for some reason. I'm not sure what the minimum requirements are for the beta (in the least), but I feel like there shouldn't be a problem with these operating systems from handling Starbound. I'm sure a fix will come soon.

C2WiLLi, vivianne and gaad like this.
  18. Exorcea

Exorcea Hey, You!

I'm playing on a macbook pro with intel HD graphics and its running amazingly quickly on it.

Also, I'm running on 10.9 (which is a free upgrade, so it might be worth considering updating) and have only had the hunting bow crash and seemingly random crashes on the Chucklefish logo (probably 4/10 launches, roughly), but no 'Starbound has quit unexpectedly' errors, so it might be a below 10.8 thing?

gaad likes this.
  19. Ld_Khyron

Ld_Khyron Space Hobo

Update has been just released, fingers crossed.

KingKozuma likes this.
  20. Ohbober

Ohbober Space Hobo

fps is low... barely stand able sort of low. my ram is 2057 mb... think it will be able to run it or do i need upgrade?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.