Cultures

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by bounding star, Jun 9, 2012.

?

Is it a good idea?

1. Yes

100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. bounding star

bounding star Existential Complex

Some planets could have races with cultures that have special rituals. When you land, you might have to prove your loyalty to the civilization or it's leader. You might have to find and retrieve something for the race or help free the civilization from something. Once you have done the task, you might be priveliged with some resource, they might be endeared to you and help you out.

But if you fail or neglect one of the tasks…

2. St Fonz

St Fonz Existential Complex

...... *holds breath*...................................................................... WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU FAIL!?!?!?!?!?

3. bounding star

they might turn against you, either as a mob or in a well orginized army, or they could have some sort of sheild or monster that stops you from coming tho the planet entirely. or they could chase you or launch missiles at your space station. that is where my asteroid idea comes in. (see thread: suggestions/planets and environments/asteroid.)

supasammy and St Fonz like this.
  4. St Fonz

St Fonz Existential Complex

Well then you have my vote ;)

5. Shahab

Shahab Scruffy Nerf-Herder

they will get mad and try to kill you but you just place a c4 on the core of their planet.you know the rest.;)

6. Aldacre

Aldacre Void-Bound Voyager

If you failed the task for a sentinent race, I highly doubt they'd go "BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" and start trying to murder you.

Edit:
    Some maybe, but 95% of them wouldn't.

7. LightHoof

LightHoof Pangalactic Porcupine

How about some ancient culture, that thinks you're a god, because you came from the sky? You could exploit them for resources or teach them technology, help them overcome their difficulties or demand bloody sacrifices! :devil:

8. bounding star

nice idea!