1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Crashes directly after "done searching for port forwarding"

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Sapling, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Sapling

Sapling Scruffy Nerf-Herder

2. afeeqo

afeeqo Void-Bound Voyager

Yup I'm facing the same problem right after the latest update any ideas guys? :confused:

3. Shimizu

Shimizu Orbital Explorer

changing the option "upnpPortForwarding" at the file starbound.config to false solved this for me

DatOneGuy and Sapling like this.
  4. nexitem

nexitem Void-Bound Voyager

I dont even have the option "upnpPortForwarding" ...

5. Voudisteppi2

Voudisteppi2 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can find the Variable "upnpPortForwarding" in the "Starbound/assets/default_configuration.config" File. (Looks like they changed its Position)
    You'll find it on line 7. Setting it to false fixes the crash for some people.

Thaupt likes this.
  6. Bloodytrailz

Bloodytrailz Astral Cartographer

Same error, changed UPNP to false.... seems to have worked like a charm for the time being :)

Thaupt likes this.
  7. Thaupt

Thaupt Big Damn Hero

This solved the problem for me! Thank you so much for finding where this value is located. Its really frustrating to lose 8+ hours of progress with friends and homeworlds when they decide to patch.

8. Sapling

Sapling Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank-you very much.

9. Keldar

Keldar Void-Bound Voyager

This worked for me too, to circumvent the crash.

10. dollvader

dollvader Void-Bound Voyager

Bummer. I'm one of the few that this workaround doesn't work for. Still getting the same error after changing upnpPortForwarding to false in the default config file. :(

11. Cirom

Cirom Cosmic Narwhal

Same here. I have no idea what's causing the issue. Although the error I get is a different one.

Code:
    Error: Access violation detected at 0x7780e41b (Write of address 0x68736168)
    Error: Stack Trace...
      006B26C0 (C:/starbound/source/core/StarSignalHandler_windows.cpp:16)
      7780E41B
      7780E023
      76FB98CD
      006FB7AB (C:/starbound/source/core/StarBTree.hpp:404)
      006FB83D (C:/starbound/source/core/StarBTree.hpp:406)
      ... (2)
      006FFABA (C:/starbound/source/core/StarVariantDatabase.cpp:17)
      ... (4)
      00401413 (e:\p\giaw\src\pkg\mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32-src\bld/../mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32-src/src/libcrt/crt/crt1.c:254)
      77819EF2
      77819EC5

12. Wasteland Express

Wasteland Express Master Chief

I get basically the same thing and the upnpPortforwarding didnt work. My server was working before this!
    Code:
    Error: Access violation detected at 0x77eae3be (Read of address 0x618f7046)
    Error: Stack Trace...
      006B26C0 (C:/starbound/source/core/StarSignalHandler_windows.cpp:16)
      77EAE3BE
      77EAE023
      76F698CD
      006FB7AB (C:/starbound/source/core/StarBTree.hpp:404)
      006FB83D (C:/starbound/source/core/StarBTree.hpp:406)
      ... (2)
      006FFABA (C:/starbound/source/core/StarVariantDatabase.cpp:17)
      ... (4)
      00401413 (e:\p\giaw\src\pkg\mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32-src\bld/../mingwrt-4.0.3-1-mingw32-src/src/libcrt/crt/crt1.c:254)
      77EB9F72
      77EB9F45

13. Medx

Medx Space Hobo

I'm in the same boat. It was working fine before

14. Wasteland Express

I literally just played on it last night at like 11:30! I was supposed to have it up all day to. IT WAS GONNA BE A PARTY DAMNIT.

Cirom likes this.
  15. Cirom

Cirom Cosmic Narwhal

I am yet to find a fix for this. Risk of Rain's Port Checker determines port 21025 as Open (Love that little port checker), though it does crash immediately after the "Checking for open ports" part - I wonder why this is happening?

Tried disabling my firewall too, seeing if an incorrect / outdated setup was the cause. It wasn't.

16. Wasteland Express

I reinstalled starbound and now it seems to be working. I think the problem is if you install it into a read only directory?

17. Just a quick possibility. Do you guys possibly already have a server proccess already bound to that port? Make sure you don't still have a non-terminated process running in the background. I have found sometimes when the game crashes, the process is still running in the background, but appears closed visually.

18. Cirom

Cirom Cosmic Narwhal

Hm, just tried that (Don't know why I didn't try in the first place) and.. it's still not working. Bah.

And no, I don't have a server process on that port - Risk of Rain would have detected it, otherwise.

EDIT: Turns out, my problem was that in the universe folder, the "PlayerCodex.db" got corrupt. Geesh, looks like the port forwarding thing was a red herring.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  19. Taco_Eating

Taco_Eating Space Hobo

Well i'm not sure if this will help you guys but, the whole true/false state made no difference, so i closed down steam, let it update then tried again with the upnp set to true, my server works fine now.

20. RocketLLama

RocketLLama Void-Bound Voyager

I found that changing the config file default_configuration didn't work. Try changing it in the "starbound.config" file located in the root starbound folder (not in assets). That worked for me. Your server should not even say it is scanning for ports. If it does, the option is still turned on somewhere.