Modding Discussion craftable race specific bricks and furniture: does this mod exist?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Tibialis, Oct 14, 2014.

1. Tibialis

Tibialis Void-Bound Voyager

Its been several months since I've played Starbound and I decided to come back with a couple of mods.

My main gripe is that if you want to create a Apex haven or your own glitch village, you have to first find one and then strip mine for resources, which takes forever and is really REALLY annoying; part of the reason I took a hiatus. Has anyone made a mod that allows you to craft race specific bricks and furniture out of common ingredients like stone and dirt?

Thank you for your time!

2. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

No mod that I know of, might be wrong. If you want to spawn in race specific blocks you could use a item spawn mod?

3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

4. Tibialis

Unfortunately it seems like this is what it has to be. I just checked the blog and there's no mention of crafting the special types of blocks. And that creative mod isn't exactly what I'm looking for, which is more allowing the ability to craft the race specific blocks. Any idea on where to start?

5. The | Suit

Writing up recipes is damn easy.
    1. Unpack your assets - http://starbounder.org/Modding:Modding_Basics
    2. download attachment
    3. add new recipes based on example recipe file
    4. make sure you use exact name and capitalization of items. You can find item names inside the unpacked folder.
    5. keep file name and recipe output item name the same [ for consistency ]
    6. add recipe file name into player.config like shown in example

Attached Files:

6. Peelz

Peelz Giant Laser Beams

7. Tibialis

That second mod certainly looks like what I'm looking for, but it hasn't been updated since August. :/

8. The | Suit

It really isn't too surprising.
    The issues really come down to the sheer number of recipes which need to be written.
    An soon you realize the sheer number of items displayed in the crafting table.

The best way to handle the situation is through a custom gui done by Pixel Goods store
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/pixel-goods-store.1348/

Which filters the recipes much more efficiently than the standard vanilla gui interfaces for crafting tables.