Could the Birdemic be a planet attribute?

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by ceefa, Dec 11, 2013.

1. ceefa

ceefa Aquatic Astronaut

Even though the birdemic was hilarious I found that it really changed the way I play the game. I think it would make the game more diverse to actually use this little accident for specific planets.

We could have some planets have modifiers to the creature behaviors. Some planets could have all the animals be more aggressive and chase the player longer distances. This would change the difficulty of those planets without doing it in lame ways like a flat increase in damage/hp values.

Things like this could make individual planets much more memorable.

Reddit post here

2. bluecollarart

bluecollarart Big Damn Hero

I love this idea! Hopefully they're already planning things like this, but having creatures act differently would be great because right now planets are too mechanically similar. Birdemic planets could also have a slightly different monster palette.

3. Themastadon85

Themastadon85 Aquatic Astronaut

I'd also love like... a (sea) planet with (attacking fish/)piranha's or something :D

But yeah, having certain types of monster-behaviour on different worlds would be cool

4. Yubi Shines

Yubi Shines Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Seconded.

As much as I raged when birds would kill NPCs before I could interact with them, suddenly the game turned into base defense where I was frantically building stone bunkers to encase villages, before they could be decimated by crazed flying creatures spitting lightning at innocent people. It was fantastic.

5. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Thirded. Planets need uniqueness and unpredictability. It's a staple of sci-fi stories that people colonise a new world only to find there's some unexpected hazard, be it tentacle monsters, the local fauna is neurotoxic... or the birds eat you.