1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Cooking

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FireSnow, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Nimeni

Nimeni Big Damn Hero

Because what he/she said. op= overpowered (easy to make and better than others things to fill your hunger)

2. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I'm joking by the way. They are a great staple for the early game, and come late game, you have to go out of your way to make more. I mostly stuck with sweet time and other assorted things by then.

It would be nice for food to have some additional status effects to whet the player's tastes. That's probably where kyren's new status effect system can be utilized.

3. yclatious

yclatious Guest

Jut filling hunger better woudnt make it overpowered in any way,atlest not in my book, especialy in the curent system, im betting.

I was asking about the buffs that made it OP but a 10 second google search told me the regen Health preet quick.

Apple Pie is Op, not Burgers

4. FireSnow

FireSnow Void-Bound Voyager

What do apple pies do :rofl:??

5. yclatious

yclatious Guest

Heals ya a bunch, fills your hunger and makes you faster than Sanic.

If that aint op,I dunno what is

6. Archrandom

Archrandom Subatomic Cosmonaut

Cooking really would make a heck of a difference when or if it plays a larger role in the game, especially if you end up on a volcanic planet or inhospitable asteroid, what you bring could make all the difference in the world and enhance gameplay decently..

FireSnow and Feathery Dust like this.
  7. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

On nightlys, with food missions at the outpost... I think food will be playing a bigger role in the metagame... but yeah, we need to be able to get a little more variety out of the foods we can eat.

Perhaps some foods "lock" your food bar for a set amount of time, so the more filling foods can keep you full for longer amounts of time.

8. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

They should make cooked diodias with the side of gravy!

9. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I don't know - I am really wondering if they have any plans for hunger. Or if they are planning on removing it.
    If you check up on the AMA's and Blog posts
    http://playstarbound.com/the-future-of-starbound/

Cooking is always conspicuously absent.
    Its like Tiy lost a bet to some one and had to put hunger bar there because of it.

10. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

I kind of agree. I don't even know how to make pizza ;c

11. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Honestly, cooking is one of those systems that once the basics are in, you can let it be for a long time then tweak it towards the end of the development cycle because it's comparatively minor.

It's good early on for the "survival" part of the game. Then let it become more of a stat-booster system as you progress, learn more recipes that really fill you up and make "hunger" less of an issue.

Feathery Dust likes this.
  12. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Something similar to this sounds good to me... Or have a survival mode for the player file.