Coming mid day tomorrow - 7 December

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Grimknight788

Grimknight788 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nine times out of ten if it were basic it would be done by now. They'll do it just when they get a few things out of the way

2. WhiteMousse

WhiteMousse Title Not Found

Please fix the fps issues as soon as possible or add some graphical options. I can't play the game due to extreme laggyness.

Heartstrings and RodWolfus like this.
  3. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

Running the game as an administrator helped my framerate quite a bit, you might want to give it a shot.

4. RodWolfus

RodWolfus Void-Bound Voyager

I hope there may be some performance fixes, the game is unplayable for me :\

WhiteMousse likes this.
  5. kayoma

kayoma Aquatic Astronaut

I believe there won't be any wipes. :)
    Also, Tiyuri, can we save our PLAYER folder and use it for next versions?

6. Niozonbi

Niozonbi Orbital Explorer

It isn't though. It's the item that let's you place blocks, furniture, etc.

The way I see it, it's a tool for moving things, not for mining/woodcutting. Your character just uses it as a makeshift tool for the first 5-10 minutes it takes you to get actual tools.

Primus_Capio and RyuuTheWuffs like this.
  7. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

I do technically agree. But If they allow minerals like Cobble, Iron, Copper, etc. to be 3D printed I want them to be balanced if I don't feel like mining. (including coal)

8. Grimknight788

Grimknight788 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

IT updates via steam so you can keep all your saves for now. No telling if in the future you'll update and see all your characters delete. That's why they said don't get too attached

9. kazzfire

kazzfire Void-Bound Voyager

so when will the ship upgrades be out i'm running out of space on my space ship

gameboytj likes this.
  10. cjtheinvader

cjtheinvader Orbital Explorer

Platinum seems to be bugged at the moment, it only appears in the ground past threat level 30.

Do what I do. Look up a planet that has guns through google, buy yourself some weapons, I bought dual revolvers, summon the boss, safe spot him (He's easy to safe spot since he's so gigantic, if you can't draw a line from you to his mouth without hitting a block, you are completely safe, and he will happily stand in range and get shot at. Its hard to make something like this artificially, I suggest finding a cave.) and then win. For awhile, you will be killed in one hit by EVERYTHING. I'm at aegisalt tier, and I only have snow infantry armor. It's extremely frustrating at times, but its also really fun. It feels like I'm playing mario with weapons, everything dies in one hit.

11. RizzRustbolt

But it does add a very sci-fi feel to the game. Perhaps later tiers will allow you to upgrade the MM, because it really is a fun little game mechanic.

RyuuTheWuffs and gameboytj like this.
  12. GreenHunterz

GreenHunterz Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Can we please get a fix for the pickaxes? My gold pickaxe has zero durability and now it works worth crap, but I have no way of fixing it and I don't have the ores to just make another one.

13. Ark Rotarl

Ark Rotarl Void-Bound Voyager

It'd be nice if there was some kind of warning put on the distress beacon quest because I had no clue this was gonna summon an army of ludicrously, heavily armed penguins to squash my house and maul me at my beam-in point on my home world. Kinda totaled my playthrough as I'm only armed with a Regular Shortsword and I get killed upon beam-in on my world.

14. cjtheinvader

cjtheinvader Orbital Explorer

Click one of the ores you can find on your starting planet besides coal. (copper, iron, silver, gold.) and then right click on your pickaxe.

Took me awhile to figure it out, maybe a codex entry explaining exactly how to do this is in order?

GreenHunterz and RyuuTheWuffs like this.
  15. RizzRustbolt

Pick up an ore (any will work) and right click them on your pick-axe to repair their durability.

GreenHunterz likes this.
  16. AllenKS

AllenKS Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

That's what it is, I'm saying it could be so much more. There's no reason that the mining progression has to be separate from the Matter Manipulator (the actual item, that you store in a box after the first 5 minutes, not the ghost one that shows up to place stuff). Just slightly increase its speed pre-mining, and then begin the progression as it is now.

ex. Get 15 copper + 20 coal --> Copper Battery Pack --> Matter Manipulator + Battery Pack (at a workbench) = "Copper Powered M.M."

The durability system the pickaxe has? You can still keep it, that's the battery running out of power, get more copper ore to refit the battery, whatever.

There's no reason that it can't be a tool... Just because it's a block based game doesn't mean it needs Pickaxes...

17. Crise

Crise Subatomic Cosmonaut

Wrong, Kyren said in the launch stream that there will be at least one wipe, according to her the save format they use (for players in particular) is really bad right now. When Tiy posted about the beta stages he also mentioned that during the first stage (where we are at) wipes would be possible.

Inco likes this.
  18. Wulpher

Wulpher Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ok so, I am all for difficulty, makes the game interesting.

But nothing drops ranged weapons, and I can't make them, and I am getting consistently one shot by any ranged mobs in every level 11+ dungeon area I have come across.

The only way I survived that long is I managed to make a steel helmet, and about 15 suicide runs into an Avian dungeon got a pretty wicked hammer.

But I can't even close the gap on a lot of these things.

Not a rage session, I am still playing like its my job, just saying, the game is easy until this wall of crazyness.

Zarok and RizzRustbolt like this.
  19. Daffodill

Daffodill Astral Cartographer

WhAt happened to the awesome glitch heads we were able to choose from!

Zarok and WhiteMousse like this.
  20. HawK3yLV

HawK3yLV Phantasmal Quasar

lol, i have a pretty crappy pc, BUT the game still runs smooth on max fps for me (even on multiplayer)