Coming mid day tomorrow - 7 December

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Bluetear

Bluetear Guest

Please make key binding option ! My sister is left handed and using spacebar as jump button is so uncomfortable for her. Thank you !
    Amazing game anyway !

Zarok likes this.
  2. smo1998

smo1998 Master Chief

Could you also make the game a little easier to run? I have an AMD QuadCore a6-3600 with Radeon HD 6530D Graphics Card but the game is still super choppy and hard to play

WhiteMousse likes this.
  3. Hopey

Hopey Tentacle Wrangler

Was there leveling already in the game?

4. CubeX

CubeX Void-Bound Voyager

Been waiting for the ore balancement.

5. liszto

liszto Orbital Explorer

It's impossible to teleport to our ship if the background looks like a cavern even if there is nothing above your head.
    As you can see on the screenshot below :

On the first picture you can teleport easily ===>
    http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/510327954191367862/25184265854506DBB6668251D4F0ABB7A91926FE/

But on the second you can't. ===>
    http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/510327954191373955/8A839017CEC730786F018427D5EAD6352721FCC1/

Please can developpers can you change this ^^. Sometimes it's annoying cause the skyway is totally open to our starship ! Hope someone will see this.

Zarok likes this.
  6. mewfan151

mewfan151 Big Damn Hero

California's Time Zone. PST.

unrelated to that comment: Would like Item Despawn made slightly slower, perhaps to about 60 seconds, rather than 20, and would like if there were a better drop table from Village guards :s

7. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

So I should probably explore that Ice biome planet before this comes out...

8. GhostSignals

GhostSignals Void-Bound Voyager

Ore distribution is shit. I can't progress further in the game/see the content because I can't find fucking platinum.

How the game interprets survival in combat is shit--if the enemy has even one point above you, you get killed in one hit.

When you can't progress because the game won't give you a certain item, it's not a good sign.

When you can't progress because you literally cannot defend yourself, it's not a good sign.

9. PatchouliKnowledge

PatchouliKnowledge Orbital Explorer

10. Canadiantx69

Canadiantx69 Void-Bound Voyager

You'll need to close the game to apply the update, but I'm betting that unless specifically noted, the character file will still be valid.

11. gameboytj

gameboytj Ketchup Robot

I can only scan seeds, but they no longer show up. I hope we can scan minerals at a "very" costly requirement. (Pixel wise)
    I agree. We need more fruit in the game.

I hope regrowable trees will be in soon. I am not leaving my starter planet until I have a renewable source of fuel for my ship... (I don't want to get stranded on a treeless planet. (I want to save my coal for other needs)

Silverduke1 likes this.
  12. Xendhaius

Xendhaius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As much of an annoyance I find this to be, I'm not sure it's fixable without allowing you to teleport from anywhere on the planet as background blocks are what is used to determine if you are on the surface or not. I'd love it if they found a workaround though.

As for the changes, I can't wait to test the rebalanced armor/damage system. I'm all for difficulty, but there are serious flaws in going from level 20 planets and taking hardly any damage and then going to 22-23 planets and getting one shot. Granted it makes me play better having to dodge everything, however the curve in damage is asinine compared to the gear equal in level to the content.

13. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

I have an issue like this, too. Would really help to have graphic options or some sort of way for lower-end machines to run the game.

smo1998 likes this.
  14. TropicalOctavia

TropicalOctavia Space Hobo

Please add it so there's a character deletion button on the menu. Please?

Noburu and Zarok like this.
  15. duxunited

duxunited Orbital Explorer

I've still yet to see any work being done on helping out the mac issue with immediately crashing after hitting play on steam. I'm sorry for my frustration, but I bought the game and I'd like to eventually play it. The fact that I haven't even seen news that it is being fixed is irritating. Other people are complaining about crashing while in the game whereas I haven't even started Starbound. It doesn't even attempt to launch. Sorry for my anger but, having bought the game, I would've liked to have played now after it has been about 2 days of waiting. I know you are doing everything you can, but I haven't even seen evidence that the mac issue is being looked at. Thank you for everything you've done Chucklefish. I know that you are working really hard at all hours and are really helping out the community.

Watchcrafter likes this.
  16. Theskyfender

Theskyfender Void-Bound Voyager

And for Maverick user that are still crashing at launch there is no solution?

17. Jake.n

Jake.n Tentacle Wrangler

is the Problem with the Win32 servers going to be addressed in this next update?

18. PillowSyndrome

PillowSyndrome Starship Captain

You should really make mining faster, with a silver pickaxe, mining through cobblestone takes way too much time than it needs to be...

19. Derolis

Derolis Void-Bound Voyager

Even higher end machines are having issues, including me. It seems steam integration is what's causing it somewhere, because people are reporting cracked releases are running smooth as butter, not that I condone such a thing, I'm perfectly fine waiting for a fix.

20. Paddon

Paddon Title Not Found

I think that 3D printing should cost a lot less pixels, i mean 400 pixels for one light is a bit steep :speechless:

Heartstrings likes this.