Coming mid day tomorrow - 7 December

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Dec 6, 2013.

1. InvdrZim13

InvdrZim13 Void-Bound Voyager

Rebinding keys coming in the future?

2. Nachoman

Nachoman Starship Captain

patch will come after couple of hours?

3. Jaden

Jaden Space Spelunker

will it get rid of our armour because i got really goood and i dont want to restart

4. Quark

Quark Big Damn Hero

You know what would be awesome? Being able to bank pixels on your ship, but if you die on a planet you lose ALL of the ones you're carrying. That would actually be an amazing change, I think. It would still carry that same fear aspect, especially if you're bringing a lot of money from your ship to buy something from a merchant in a dangerous land, or hauling a lot from underground. It would provide a fun choice for the player to decide whether or not to bring a lot of their money to buy big items, or leave it at home where it's safe.

5. kyrinthic

kyrinthic Phantasmal Quasar

I agree with this, I would like to poke at this and do useful tests, and knowing the groundwork would help a lot.

Thekey147 likes this.
  6. h3xd

h3xd Void-Bound Voyager

A new update every night? Amazing.

I am really looking forward to these Ore changes, can you provide any more details on the direction you are taking this?

7. Cubone

Cubone Space Spelunker

Any plans for support on mac os x 10.7.5 and below? Gutted that it won't even launch :(

8. TheBinbenat0r

TheBinbenat0r Space Spelunker

9. OssomSagax

OssomSagax Cosmic Narwhal

The bow is for hunting/for meat, as a Hylotl, you can quickly rack up the needed pixels for Hylotl weapons by killing the local predators :3

furag0n likes this.
  10. Peacebert

Peacebert Tentacle Wrangler

I'm having the same crash on startup and I'm running OSX 10.9

Squally likes this.
  11. Knawojin

Knawojin Astral Cartographer

Wahoo - I'm XP so it'll be good to be able to play at last. I have a 573.4MB Update on Steam for Starbound so hopefully by the time this is done the XP update may be close to ready. :D

12. Ado

Ado Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Nice!

Zarok likes this.
  13. JFrayErrDay

JFrayErrDay Lucky Number 13

Awesome news of an update, plus today is my birthday so it's like a present!

14. CommissarZach

CommissarZach Seal Broken

Quick question: Do we need to restart our games for these updates to take place or can we just keep playing our existing characters?

15. LarryQ

LarryQ Space Spelunker

I think some of the seed/ fruit icons are switched

16. Ryukiroku

Ryukiroku Subatomic Cosmonaut

Your team's dedication to quickly fixing and adjusting these issues are unparalleled Thank you for everything you've done so far. Really enjoying the game.

Gene likes this.
  17. sus

sus Space Spelunker

Love the beta so far. Is it me or does the armor defenses
    not add up correctly?

NhunterN and Christopher Schutte like this.
  18. razorcamel

razorcamel Aquatic Astronaut

Tiy, please work on NVIDA optimization soon if you have time. That game is currently unplayable for me and supposedly a good number of other people because the game doesn't like their graphics cards and the fact that the highest frames you can get it 12. please please please please!!

Medenutcracka likes this.
  19. dizz

dizz Subatomic Cosmonaut

Starbound is stunning. Thanks Chucklefish for providing us with such a stellar game. I have been following Starbound since the very beginning and threw my financial support as soon as I was able (and x5 for pushing it on my friends, lol!). It was well worth the painful wait.

On another note, re-assignable/mappable controls I would consider to be a top priority, if you are looking for beta-testing feedback.

Thanks again! I'm very happy to see your team stick it to all those who complained that it was taking so long to release a beta. Being this polished, I'm 100% positive they all shut up pretty darn quickly! Cheers!

Biidi and Gene like this.
  20. Menoch

Menoch Void-Bound Voyager

Looking forward to tonights patch! Last nights made a WORLD of difference! Excitement ensues!

21. Nachoman

Nachoman Starship Captain

GUYS!
    in which time zone devs live?
    What time is it in their own country?

Zarok likes this.
  22. StarKiller

StarKiller Phantasmal Quasar

I think a slot in your Ship's chest for Pixels would be pretty awesome, that way you'd have to beam back up to your ship in order to store pixels, and only store pixels there.

Also, remapping keys would be extremely handy. I hate having to reach all the way across the keyboard for that damn "I" key.

Biidi and cvbbot like this.