Coming mid day tomorrow - 7 December

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Tiy, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Scayze

Scayze Seal Broken

i feel with u bro.... they all are having fun.. but we are still sitting here mastur... umm waiting for the patch :(

2. Chira

Chira Subatomic Cosmonaut

no, there is no way, the old save wont be compatible with the new version of the game. they said before "dont get too attached to your character" it wont be the last wipe paddon

3. Inspector Hotel

Inspector Hotel Void-Bound Voyager

I know it s not good but i would love that if the xp patch would remove those old players i know it s stupid and most of people would hate it but i don t think my friends will want to start over with me

4. Chucklehead

Chucklehead Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh well. At least it was fun while it lasted.

5. Paddon

Paddon Title Not Found

Yeah, i know :( But i was hoping we could still keep our planets. I made an awesome base last night ;-;

6. Elegant Sir

Elegant Sir Astral Cartographer

Hmm
    Hmm, thats odd because I get A LOT of lag when there are a few monsters on the screen. And in dungeons the lag just gets unplayable, though Im running this on a decent computer :L

7. Purzix

Purzix Void-Bound Voyager

No, i think those are two seperate updates for the game because they said they would be updating the game each day depending on how much bugs there are. I'm not sure about that though.

8. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

Sir you appear to be triple-posting on these laggy forums.

Also- Dear Chucklefish, please stop fish spawning in magma.
    I am giggling too hard at the bottom of this world to continue playing xD

Grenaid likes this.
  9. Chira

well, for all XP users
    there is a really good SDL fixx made by _Sammy_
    it can be found in this thread here http://community.playstarbound.com/...er-crashing-at-chucklefish-logo.34593/page-36
    be sure you get the latest updated SDL fixx X3

dosnt works for everyone =x and it crashes once when ya want to fly for the first time to a new planet but that happened only once for me, after that was it even possible for me to jump without trouble from planet to planet :love:

i hope that fixx still works after the devs updating the game, they should take a look into that SDL fixx, they could use that fixx for the next patch and maybe combine it with the new content for win XP users ^^ and maybe will they see faster where the problem is because the log (after i putted the SDL file into the folder) shows ALOOOOOT of pathcorrections between maaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyyyyy textures ... i dont want to know how many hours sammy worked onto that fixx *giggles*

btw, to all those ppls who having FPS issues, GO INTO A SMALLER RESOLUTION YOUR GPU DOSNT LIKES IT THAT LARGE! o.o ... helped me aswell >_>

Israphial likes this.
  10. brandonlk

brandonlk Pangalactic Porcupine

Running steam as admin don't work

11. CiberX15

CiberX15 Big Damn Hero

Sooo, how soon is soon again?

I have been starring at steam waiting for the update to start for the last 36 hours and counting X D
    Can we assume Noon PST Today (Monday)?

Inspector Hotel likes this.
  12. Godot

Godot Big Damn Hero

Soon as in soon

Lost in Nowhere likes this.
  13. CiberX15

CiberX15 Big Damn Hero

Oh I see, THAT definition of soon. Good to know we are working on a concrete time table then X D

14. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

I can't wait to see what new types of randomized planets will come out in the future :D
    My favorite is the bone deserts so far.

15. Oritai

Oritai Void-Bound Voyager

I landed on a planet made entirely of flesh and bone, after you dug a couple of layers.
    I have a screencap, here. http://uppix.net/eTCpWM.png

The Enlightened Grue likes this.
  16. Crazyon

Crazyon Master Astronaut

This is beautiful.

17. The Enlightened Grue

The Enlightened Grue Master Astronaut

I'm interested in the coordinates.
    Please tell me you have them.

18. Chira

i have that flesh, bone blood stuff at my homeworld, i would show you but, since i use win XP and using sammys SDL fixx to play starbound am i unable to host a server, when i try to start a server gives it the same error messages out like it would do when i start starbound without the SDL fixx. with other words, i can play starbound but the SDL fixx dosnt works for server hostingX3

19. Emerald Orbit

Emerald Orbit Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Every universe is the same. If you write down the coordinates of the planet, anyone could visit it, so you don't need to host a server

The Enlightened Grue likes this.
  20. Chira

cant do that anymore since the chars got wiped o.o
    but tentacle planets having the flesh underground biome to nearly 100%X3