1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Color Blind gamers: What in Starbound needs fixing?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by GeorgeV, Aug 5, 2014.

1. dropdead

dropdead Big Damn Hero

Although it is now somewhat easier to tell the ores apart (for me, too and I am not colorblind), I still see how it can be sometimes hard to distinguish. I've said this in other threads, too but for issues like these some checkboxes for game customization would be fine. In this case may be something like different pics for ores plus an easy to see letter inside in order.
    For liquids some sliders to change colors. Although I am not sure if liquids use some sort of pics and the color is so to speak hardcoded.

Something that should be easy to change is the cursor. That thing and I are not on friendly grounds. :lod: On grounds SO not friendly I had to take action and get myself a mod to make the thing more visible so my guy doesn't get eaten because I couldn't find the cursor in time to avoid harm.

2. CrimsonGiraffe

CrimsonGiraffe Phantasmal Quasar

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but under certain lighting conditions Diamond Ore can look more like Violium or Plutonium ores. I think the lighting condition(s) that caused this was the dim red light from flares.
    Also, ditto on platinum/silver needing better distinction.

3. braydon

braydon Phantasmal Quasar

I'm not colorblind, but to me uranium looks like gold under mid-low torch light, so I think it could use a hue change.

4. Batmon

Batmon Void-Bound Voyager

The linux version needs some polishing on the launcher/launching the game on linux. Other than that this has to be one of the best games I have played!!

5. Girl-of-Dust

Girl-of-Dust Big Damn Hero

I'm one of those weirdos with tritanopia. I'm very glad to see colourblind players getting a voice like this. I'll keep my eye out for anything that I notice could be tweaked. My biggest problem is mostly contrast honestly, as I have a difficult time noticing the differences between some of the ores. (Gold, Uranium, Solarium all look very similar.)

Edit: The fuel and water could be more differentiated, at the moment they look very similar to me.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015