1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Client connect fail! Error connecting to "SERVER IP" on port "21025". since 10-12-2013 update.

Discussion in 'Public Servers & Server Help' started by RainbowSomething, Dec 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
This thread is has not been replied to for more than 90 days.

Server Help Client connect fail! Error connecting to "SERVER IP" on port "21025". since 10-12-2013 update.

1. Cosmopolitan

Cosmopolitan Seal Broken

2. Traced

Traced Yeah, you!

Version is in 621. My server keeps launching 620 even though steam keeps saying its up to date.
    • redmontwheeler

redmontwheeler Space Hobo

there is no solution yet? same problem here, none of the solutions worked for me, the server is running the correct version here, i think
      • Traced

Traced Yeah, you!

I am not sure. After yesterdays hotfix I had to axe the entire starbound directory in order to get it working again. It came up as the correct version this time. (Also a side not, I use CentOS so I have been following Jansens guide after steam install http://community.playstarbound.com/...ibraries-for-starbound_server-32-64bit.39126/)

As for those issues with Tunngle I can't commend. I port forward to my linux box. What stops you guys from port forwarding to your Windows machine?
        • DirtyRolando

DirtyRolando Space Hobo

no router at all i runing a real server with 30mb/s up and down, but i have the same error. this sucks so bad
          • redmontwheeler

There is SOMEONE who can get the server running and join the server without problems? im getting really annoyed with this issue.
            • redmontwheeler

here its like, i port forwarded and did the stuff that i needed to set my server up, okay the server was working, me and my friends played and in the next day, starbound had to perform an update, after the update the server didnt worked anymore, its like the server is on, is running, but no one can join, not even me, who tries to join get
              "Join failed! Error connecting to 'serverdobrunao.no-ip.org' port '21025'. "
              • Man of Shadows

Man of Shadows Space Penguin Leader

I have the exact same problem as you. Some dev clarification on what's changed (Something obviously changed if it worked before and does not now...) would probably help...
                  Equilibriate likes this.
                • redmontwheeler

yea, they didnt talked about any change in multiplayer settings or something like this, im just waiting for a light of heaven and trying some stuff
                  • Equilibriate

Equilibriate Orbital Explorer

Same issues here, used to have a server work fine for people joining internally and externally. After updates no-one can join, tried fixes nothing helped. :(
                    • lamu82

lamu82 Yeah, you!

We have the same problem, but in our case all my friends can connect except me :( some help?¿
                      • nectarprime

nectarprime Astral Cartographer

I'm willing to bet the majority of the server problems people are having are because of this or server/client mismatched versions.

This is why yours server should have a static IP address.
                        • jormanks

jormanks Master Chief

• ZenosEbeth

ZenosEbeth Tentacle Wrangler

Hamachi servers were broken in the last update , literally all of the proposed forum solution dont seem to resolve the problem .
                          • Nitrostine

Nitrostine Orbital Explorer

I've been trying to fix it since yesterday afternoon, but to no avail.
                            Thread Status:
                            This thread is has not been replied to for more than 90 days.