1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes coming tonight

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Tiy

Tiy Lead Developer Chucklefish

- Massively reducing the pixel cost (sometimes eliminating it entirely) on early weapons/armor. You can build a refinery in later tiers to turn ores of all kinds into pixels. (done)

- Monsters now have a small chance to drop meat when killed with normal weapons. (done)

- You can no longer teleport to another players ship from underground (done)

- Bandages are now craftable with 4 plant fibres, no longer require fabric (done)

- Fix human starter chest showing apex starter items (done)

- Monsters now have a 70% chance to drop meat when killed with a hunting weapon, up from 50% (done)

- Make the refinery appear earlier in the game (done)

- Reduced fuel costs a bit to go to other planets (done)

- Tweaked wording of starter quests to encourage exploring of more planets. (done)

- Added hunting knife weapon that also makes monsters drop meat (done)

- Added new legendary weapon (done)

- Pixel loss on death reduced to 20% for testing, might change further (done)

- [16:27] <Mortvert> Tiy_, Also, could you make silver more visible, please? (Done)

- Added new armor that provides a good amount of warmth early on in the game at the sacrifice of armor levels. (done)

- Tweaked the UFO boss to make him smash blocks. (done)

- Also make him a little bit easier by changing him to level 9 from level 10 (done)

- Revamping the warmth bar to make it more obvious (suggestion by thedbp on reddit)
    http://i.imgur.com/O2IYd6k.png (done)

- Increase mining speed a little (done)

- Craftable climbing ropes! (done)

- Tons of bug fixes

- Bartwe is working on the windows XP issues, not sure yet if it'll be done by tonight but fingers crossed.

This is just what I've done so far this morning, I'll add to this list as more is added for tonights update.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  2. JarinArenos

JarinArenos Pangalactic Porcupine

Woohoo! Thanks for the update! :D

3. MinaahSB

MinaahSB Poptop Tamer

did re-bindable keys make it into the list of changes yet, or is that coming? This disabled gamer / left handed player would really love to actually play and test the beta she bought, /sadface.

CV514, Kahless and Kingpendragon like this.
  4. stray cat

stray cat Space Hobo

Can you fix the "get 500 kazillion metal bars for one try to kill the penguin boss" bug?

5. Pago

Pago Aquatic Astronaut

GEIL.

6. h3xd

h3xd Void-Bound Voyager

Great Work!

7. Veav

Veav Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Minaah, I can walk you through making your own with AutoHotKey. It's a bit laborious to set up but once it's done, it's done.

8. poww10s

poww10s Void-Bound Voyager

Yay! Will this fix the hang on the logo?

9. LeonLandford

LeonLandford 2.7182818284590...

Breakingneck speed, indeed. All the love Chucklefish.

10. Blackbeared

Blackbeared Big Damn Hero

Good update. Can't wait, looking good!

11. Voqar

Voqar Industrial Terraformer

Sounds great other than maybe the making of things easier but I'm sure balance will be an ongoing experiment. (I am in no way some kind of hardcore gamer but I do like a challenge and/or sense of accomplishment)

12. Tiy

Yeah I'll do that now

13. StarKiller

StarKiller Phantasmal Quasar

I hope that the Hunting Bow Mac Bug will be smashed in the "Tons of Bug fixes" category. Fingers crossed :)

14. LeonLandford

LeonLandford 2.7182818284590...

Tiy, there seens to be a massive framerate slowdown on some Dungeons. Any word on that?

15. Tiy

Hi Minah, key rebinds are hopefully coming soon, but are you able to let us know exactly what would help you play and we can maybe come up with a stopgap solution until it's done?

Inco, piinyouri and Solum like this.
  16. Tiy

An update was pushed to fix this last night :)

17. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

Characters still compatible for this update?

18. Phantom-Wolf

Phantom-Wolf Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the changelog (and update). :up:

19. JarinArenos

JarinArenos Pangalactic Porcupine

Seconding this. Would love to play with my wife, but the default keys are a royal pain for lefties like her.

20. Phantom-Wolf

Phantom-Wolf Big Damn Hero

I'm lefty and I have no trouble whatsoever. Just saying. Though I would love to rebind the Jump button to 'W'.

AlphaMongoose likes this.