1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't find any Aegisalt

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Aaron Matthew Connor, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Aaron Matthew Connor

Aaron Matthew Connor Void-Bound Voyager

I've been to tons of planets in the X sector, and no luck with finding any. Where does one find this?

2. RizzRustbolt

RizzRustbolt Existential Complex

Dig deep. Some ores can only be found in lower layers.

3. Aaron Matthew Connor

Alright, thanks. :)

4. FreezeYouAway

FreezeYouAway Tentacle Wrangler

My friend and I found a bunch on a tier 33 planet it was I think. You just gotta read the description, it seems to get abundant on higher tiers. Now we're on tier 34 and there are huge veins of aegisalt near the surface

Edit: It has a light forest green colour (the ore that is)

5. Yuvs

Yuvs Tentacle Wrangler

I must have really bad luck. Been farming on lvl 40 planets and have never seen one.

6. Aaron Matthew Connor

Yeah, still havent seen any :(

7. FreezeYouAway

FreezeYouAway Tentacle Wrangler

Hmm might want to try tiers closer to it's home tier then, I have noticed that after we got past like tier 36 or so they've become rare and replaced by higher tiers like ceruleum and shtuff.

8. Sanctios

Sanctios Void-Bound Voyager

I actually found some on this planet

[​IMG]

looks like this!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  9. Dizzykuu

Dizzykuu Space Hobo

I had some problems finding it as well, but I decided to start checking the newer world biome and found loads of it all over on the surface of a lvl 34 Volcano world.

So I would just recommend looking for worlds around lvl 33-35 since it seems like they crammed a lot of what was meant to be higher tier stuff into one tier for the early beta

10. Ameno-Sagiri

Ameno-Sagiri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Just a correction, World Level doesn't equal tier. Tier is the level of your progression in what you can craft. There was only 10 tiers when worlds were still level 1-100, and there's still only 10 tiers.

11. DanielGalrito

DanielGalrito Space Spelunker

i was in a snow planet lvl 10 x sector and i didnt found aegisalt and i saw in the wiki that it only spawn in planets lvl 5 so i went to a planet lvl 5 and found aegisalt :D

12. Galactic Avatar

Galactic Avatar Cosmic Narwhal

You want threat level 5 and threat level 6 planets in the x sector.

The level 6 ones will have a lot of it near the surface. Particularly good biomes are Moon and Desert.

13. ExplosiveCrate

ExplosiveCrate Phantasmal Quasar

This thread is pretty old, it's from back when the game still used the 1-100 level system.

DanielGalrito likes this.
  14. jeremyloveskiwi

jeremyloveskiwi Void-Bound Voyager

Can someone tell me how to get on a planet with level 40 ? I have the x-sector but I saw maximum a level 6 planet.

15. Darklight

Darklight Oxygen Tank

there is no level 40

16. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

This thread was made when there were 100 different levels of planets.

17. thulfram

thulfram Astral Cartographer

This has been my experience as well. Tier 5 & 6 planets have aegisalt ore, but higher tier planets do not. When I went to tier 7, there was no more aegisalt and that was my experience all the way to tier 10 planets.

18. HexZyle

HexZyle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

it's what I see as an "issue" with the ore distribution. You got your all-tier ores: copper, silver, gold, platinum and diamond, most of which have very little use past the first couple of tiers, and then you have your tier-specific ores: Iron, Titanium, Aegisalt, Cerulium, Rubium, each of which are only in 2 tiers, the next higher ore replacing the previous. It's pretty BS seeing as Steel is used for a LOT of things, and lots of Titanium is hella useful for large amounts of Skyrails. You want them though? You have to go back to Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta sectors.

All ores really need to exist on all planets, but have the ratio scaled depending on what planet and what sector you're in.

19. Galactic Avatar

Galactic Avatar Cosmic Narwhal

I really don't think that's a good idea even on the higher tier planets the extremely rare materials are still well extremely rare... you would unwittingly make then even rarer by distributing all minerals on the same tier.

And remember that they are going to MASSIVELY CHANGE PROGRESSION to the point where their will no longer be tiers. So you wont have to 'hop sectors'. Just find the right threat level planet (or they might even change some minerals to specific biomes or some such, we don't know yet) and your good to go.

I honestly don't think every planet should have every mineral even in the current set-up. You would have no need to leave the alpha sector if they did, and no reason to EVER return once you do leave that sector.