1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Cannot connect to my friends server.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Pyro1070, Dec 6, 2013.

1. Pyro1070

Pyro1070 Orbital Explorer

As the title says, I cannot connect to my friends server despite it working perfectly yesterday. Nothing has changed in regards to IP, Port settings etc, but for some reason I just cannot connect to his server, the error message that I'm getting is;

Client connect failed! Error connecting to '220.237.82.176' port '21025'

I've tried restarting my client, my friend has tried restarting his server, changing his IP etc but nothing seems to work.
    One of my other friends can connect to the server just fine, but for some reason I cannot.

Any help regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated!

(Screenshot of error provided)
    Error Message.jpg

2. Doornebuzz

Doornebuzz Aquatic Astronaut

Same here!

3. Khorius

Khorius Void-Bound Voyager

I'm having the same issue on my server, i can't join it unless i use a local ip.

Portchecker confirms my ports are forwarded so i'm baffled as to what could be causing the problem

None of my friends can connect with my IP either.

Canyouseeme confirms that port 21025 is open.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  4. bodmon

bodmon Space Hobo

same

5. MrExoLOR

MrExoLOR Orbital Explorer

I have similar problems where my friend has a working server and he can play on it while i can't connect even though I have hamachi and whatever

6. Turtwig321

Turtwig321 Cosmic Narwhal

7. El Gerro Loco

El Gerro Loco Orbital Explorer

Hey what is evolve? can i make a private server using it? and is any port forwarding or payment required?

8. Turtwig321

It is a LAN emulator. You create a network by selecting "Create party" and inviting your friends who also have Evolve. Yes, Evolve is free, No you don't have to port forward, Yes the server is private and only available to people in your Evolve party. Imagine Steam, but if it could create private networks and livestream or screen capture your games you play with friends.

Once your friends are in your Evolve party, just use the party IP of whoever is hosting the server, to join.
    Do not close the party window or you will drop, it is your doorway to the private network.
    If you are hosting the server then connect using your local IP to get zero lag.

Hope this helps you enjoy StarBound with friends!

El Gerro Loco likes this.
  9. Khorius

Khorius Void-Bound Voyager

Evolve is basically hamachi.

10. darklinkrulesHyrule

darklinkrulesHyrule Aquatic Astronaut

Does evolve fix the issue?

11. El Gerro Loco

El Gerro Loco Orbital Explorer

Thanks!
    Works perfectly, i definitely recommend to anyone with issues :)

12. nectarprime

nectarprime Sandwich Man

I would have the person hosting the server check to see if their external IP changed.

13. FluxDigital

FluxDigital Sandwich Man

Going to try this today. One of my friends can join my server, but the other can't.

14. Turtwig321

Make sure his Windows firewall is allowing Starbound through.

15. FluxDigital

FluxDigital Sandwich Man

He can join some other guy's server, but not mine. So I don't think Windows firewall is blocking it. Really weird.

16. bcure

bcure Space Hobo

how do I allow starbound through my firewall if it is running through steam??

17. Turtwig321

Go to windows control panel and then to the firewall options and set it to allow starbound

18. Syntax42

Syntax42 Pangalactic Porcupine

If you are connecting as a client, you shouldn't have to forward ports or change firewall settings, in most cases.

19. SaberKittyZero

SaberKittyZero Aquatic Astronaut

I have the same problems. Other people can connect to my friend's server but I can't.

20. zeroter5

zeroter5 Space Hobo

same problem