1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Bug: Weapon Testing Site Breakage

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Zauber Paracelsus, Dec 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zauber Paracelsus

Zauber Paracelsus Pangalactic Porcupine

I've progressed to the fourth mission, the Weapon Testing Site. In the boss fight, the battle ended in a "tie" with both myself and the boss killing one another simultaneously. A penguin NPC appeared while my character's death animation was playing, and I was back at my ship.

I attempted the mission again, and defeated the boss without getting killed. However, the penguin NPC did not appear for me to talk to, and the penguin at the outpost just uses his normal dialogue.

So, if you get killed when fighting the Weapon Testing Site's boss, the quest is broken, as is my ability to progress further in the game.

Any suggestions for ways to workaround this would be appreciated, since I'd rather not start my game over again.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
  2. Zauber Paracelsus

Zauber Paracelsus Pangalactic Porcupine

Today I had done an uninstall and reinstall to switch from Nightly to Unstable (since the steam client wouldn't let me change branches otherwise) and found that the bug no longer occurred. I don't know if the problem was solved by the reinstall, by simply restarting the client, or if its fixed in the nightly. Either way though, I'm glad I won't have to scrap this saved game so early.

3. Dunto

Dunto Guest

I'm going to go ahead and close this as it sounds like your issue is resolved (at least for now). Let me know if it pops back up in Unstable and I'll re-open this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.