1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

BUG: Shift Clicking bug

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Cereto, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Cereto

Cereto Subatomic Cosmonaut

When you shift click an item in your inventory while you have an open container the item will disappear if the container is full.
    Tested with ship locker.

2. Astasia

Astasia Pangalactic Porcupine

Confirmed on 16 slot chests as well.

3. Korassu

Korassu Intergalactic Tourist

That happen to me twice, however I don't think chests are the cause. The first time I shift clicked some iron bars out of a 16 slot chest(which wasn't full) to my inventory(not full), and they disappeared. The second time I shift clicked Iron bars out of a furnace and they disappeared(once again not full).

4. Danson2080

Danson2080 Void-Bound Voyager

Korassu, if you have free toolbar slots up top, shift clicking out of a container will place them in the toolbar instead of your inventory. I know that's happened to me a few times and I've panicked.

I can add that sometimes putting a stack of items already existing in a full chest can delete the added items. (chest has 9 iron bars and is otherwise full, shift clicking 12 iron bars from inventory will sometimes add properly but sometimes delete the 12 new bars entirely)

Korassu likes this.
  5. Korassu

Korassu Intergalactic Tourist

Okay thanks Danson2080, that was what happen to me.

6. Twelfth

Twelfth Void-Bound Voyager

Same thing's happening to me. Tested ship locker and 16 slot chests. Shift clicking items into a full chest makes the item disappear from your inventory without going into the chest (of course, seeing as it's full).

7. Maxamus

Maxamus Aquatic Astronaut

also happens when you shift click an item in your inventory when you have the furnace open with a different ore in the smelt slot, it will just delete the item(s) you shift clicked...

8. Hazozat

Hazozat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I had this happen to my matter manipulator. Ironically, it doesn't seem to matter very much.

9. XanderKrohn

XanderKrohn Void-Bound Voyager

I was just about to report this as well, you beat me to it. Sucks because I lost my stack of 50 iron.

10. Exxion

Exxion King Homestuck V

Happens on furnaces, too. I think it happens if you try to Shift+click into any item with a full inventory.