1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.2.3

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stovepipes, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Mooncalf

Mooncalf Space Hobo

When the credits finished running through after defeating the final boss, the game crashed and I didn't receive my unlocks.
    I might post the error output when I manage to beat the boss again.
    Running the game on Linux.

• Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

Gamepads still not working at all here... :confused:

• Mirppc

Mirppc Phantasmal Quasar

Yup Just finished testing the updated humble bundle edition as well on linux. This confirms my testing on Steam as well... Gamepad support is still busted. what is annoying is there is a b@$t@rd sitting across from me at the university i go to who is playing the windows steam edition perfectly fine with the same bloody controller!

No more table for you! ~(ノT_T)ノ ^┻━┻
        darn you and your elite steam filled laptop!~ (/ ۜ ᵒ̌▱๋ᵒ̌ )/=͟͟͞͞ ⌨`ワ°)・;’.

• WaldenCervus

WaldenCervus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Played Loader, fought Overloaded Magma Worm, still did NOT unlock the Achievement.
          This achievement is supposed to unlock the Amethyst, yes? That appears to be the problem. I apparently unlocked the amethyst by getting 30 items in one playthrough, which also unlocks the Loader.
          Windows version.
          risk of rain amethyst.jpg

Last edited: Nov 20, 2014
            rareitor likes this.
          • Tsproggy

Tsproggy Void-Bound Voyager

While playing the Sniper on monsoon single player with the glass and command artifacts enabled I will be fighting above a group of enemies, jump above them briefly, drop a crudely drawn body on them, and crash with this exception text:

Code:
            of  Step EventoEfDecoy
            for object oExplosion:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.bunker(100446, -2147483648)
            at gml_Object_oExplosion_Collision_325
            ############################################################################################

Edit: Windows 7, 64 bit, Steam

• originzavros

originzavros Space Hobo

Get this error when I click Scores and Unlockables, then the game crashes.
              of Create Event
              for object oHighscore:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -7.tobj_index(101112, -2147483648)
              at gml_Object_oHighscore_Create_0
              ############################################################################################

Im on Windows, using steam.
              Processor: Amd Phenom II
              Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7800

Also I can no longer use my keyboard to play. I get into a single player game and all I can do is press ESCAPE to bring up the menu. Anyone know a fix?

• doombrowski

doombrowski Space Hobo

I'm having the same issue as originzavros

FATAL ERROR in
                action number 1
                of Create Event
                for object oHighscore:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -7.tobj_index(101112, -2147483648)
                at gml_Object_oHighscore_Create_0

Playing on PC via Steam.

• Fomortiis

Fomortiis Space Hobo

I'm having two issues lately.
                  First one is that when I start a single player game and spawn into Desolate Forest, sometimes I fall endlessly into the ground below, respawning, and then falling again, in the area screen'd below.
                  Though, it seems that this variant of the map doesn't give me an issue.
                  [​IMG]

Also, Ukulele seems to be broken. When I have it on Sniper, after charging up Steady Aim, it often causes the game to crash giving me this error message.
                  of Alarm Event for alarm 0
                  for object oChainLightning:

Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -7.ttarget_index(101280, -2147483648)
                  at gml_Object_oChainLightning_Alarm_0

• WaldenCervus

WaldenCervus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The items "Soldier's Syringe", "Ancient Scepter", and "Laser Turbine" do not get filled in in the Item Log when acquiring them. All I get is the typical black silhouette of an unlocked item that you haven't picked up yet.
                    Windows version.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
                    • chaosz3ro

chaosz3ro Intergalactic Tourist

• Linux version no longer crashes when you enter the final level as the host
                      Yeah, it does. :zzz:

• frumple99

frumple99 Space Spelunker

Singleplayer worked fine for me.

• chaosz3ro

chaosz3ro Intergalactic Tourist

I was able to get to the final level in single player as well, just not multiplayer.

• VoxxL

VoxxL Space Hobo

Huntress won't stop the strafe animation, isn't firing, and cannot fire other abilities (except blink) or climb ladders. PIC for items

Attached Files:

• globbork

globbork Tentacle Wrangler

Need. Better. QA.
                              Everyone, please list your system details for each and every bug report post. I have no idea if most of these issues occur on Windows, Mac, or Linux.
                              From what I read, RoR crashes upon entering final stage @ Mac/Linux; guess I won't be touching the game again anytime soon...

• Rayfen Windspear

Rayfen Windspear Intergalactic Tourist

I am getting this issue too when charging the sniper and firing with Ukulele.

• zanon

zanon Astral Cartographer

There's a need to differentiate between single and multiplayer as well. Single player at least, Mac/Linux could previous enter the final level, the game would crash though after beating Prov. As of 1.2.3 it now appears possible to beat Prov and leave, then exit to main menu and keep your achievements/unlocks, the crash has been pushed back until later in the credits sequence. Overall I'd now call Mac/Linux single player playable, crashes and frame drops are significantly fewer and it's at least possible to win, and viewing scores/unlocks works for the first time.

MP seems to be a problem for everyone though. But if you're happy spending some time in SP for a while it should be fine.

• necrotek

necrotek Orbital Explorer

It's true that now the game doesn't crash during ending cutscene and staff roll for Linux, but now it crashes as soon as you're shown results screen (and still losing progress in the end). I guess I'll just give up on the game for the time being until better times.

• zanon

zanon Astral Cartographer

That's what I said, but you can hit escape and then exit to menu before that point and it saves most progress. Continuous saving would still be nice so that you don't have to do it but it's not that hard a work around either.

Also, I only say "most" because while unlocks and achievements seem to all work fine now, the scores part doesn't seem to work properly, I'm not sure if it's related or an independent issue. My current "record" shows level 18 for example, and I've been higher then that multiple games. Don't know what's going on there. But I'd consider that minor, 1.2.3 seems to make single player pretty playable on Linux/Mac at last.

• frumple99

frumple99 Space Spelunker

I got the exact same message.
                                        Sniper, normal difficulty, no artifacts. I was running away from a mob and they were distracted by the decoy, that's the only difference. The message was identical.

Win7 64, Steam

• Qwerty0s

Qwerty0s Orbital Explorer

Same issue as last time happened, got a picture this time:
                                          [​IMG]
                                          (does this mean I win?)​
                                          This happened after ~70 minutes of gameplay upon killing a boss with many, many, many rockets on screen due to 8x Rapid Mitosis, 4x beating embryo, 14 drones, 12x arms race, 14x bundles of fireworks, and a disposable missile launcher. Spite, Glass, and Origin were all on.