1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.2.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stovepipes, Oct 29, 2014.

1. meinstuhlknarrt

meinstuhlknarrt Void-Bound Voyager

System: Ubuntu 14.04, 64 bit.
    Risk of Rain has been installed through Steam, with fixed EXP bug.
    • Rarely enemies spawn inside the ground/walls and die instantly.
    • In the last level I found the Gauss Cannon. After activating it, the game crashed:

[​IMG]

I can also confirm:
    • Crash after beating the game. (Very frustrating.)
    • Crash on trying to access the "Scores and Unlockables" menu.
    • Not being able to jump on several occasions.

• globbork

globbork Tentacle Wrangler

Opening Scores and Unlockables/Stats on the main menu crashes RoR.
      Joining a multiplayer game results in an empty black screen, typing something and hitting Return crashes RoR.
      Finishing the game crashes RoR at the ending screen, with the same error log as everyone else here has posted; so much progress lost.
      Oh yes, OSX 10.10, MacbookPro9,2

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
        Riskofbane likes this.
      • Siderealmidnight

Siderealmidnight Space Hobo

I was able to unlock Chef without bitter root. Had every other required item, but never picked up a single bitter root.

• Darkone59

Darkone59 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Occasionally I cannot jump while playing To stop this, I usually just have to hit other keys until it allows me to jump. But with Chef, I cannot jump no matter what I do, resulting in my death numerous times

VinchenzoJackal likes this.
          • Ispil

Ispil Space Spelunker

FATAL ERROR in
            action number 1
            of Draw Event
            for object pArtifact8Box:

Fatel Error: Can not create vertex buffer

CHEF, with beating embryo that upped a shattered mirror to 3 cleavers, boosted dice on an overloading magma worm as it came down directly on me. Also had the bazooka, 10 of the green missile launchers, mortar, sticky bomb, and so on.

I think what happened is that I actually created an infinite number of missiles, mortars, and other objects, by having the 24 cleavers converge on the magma worm at almost the exact same spot.

• mojo_

mojo_ Intergalactic Tourist

I managed to get to the stats screen once, I crash the other times.

• Riskofbane

Riskofbane Space Spelunker

All of these things are happening yet the only one I care about is that I can't beat the darn game without it crashing. The current build is making it so that as a new player I cannot gain access to two of the classes. If we could just have an update on where our money going regarding making the full game accessible, I wouldn't be quite as frustrated.

• Prov

Prov Void-Bound Voyager

Three new ones I encountered today regarding achieves. I was unable to unlock the stand in lava for 1 minute achieve. I stood in it for 3 minutes by game clock. No luck.
                  Also the loader achieve for killing an overloading magma worm didn't work. Killed 3 of them as loader and no achieve.
                  Additionally, the chef achieve for searing/flambe-ing 20 sand crabs didn't work. Though this may just be due to MP. I am going to try each of those solo and see if it works out any better.

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

1. The game seems to have forgotten what a Shift key is. I can set it to do anything, it works just as fine as before, but the game reads '??' instead of 'Shift'.
                    2014-11-02_00002.jpg 2014-11-02_00003.jpg

2. There seems to be a weird interaction between the imp underling (that you may get after killing an overlord boss) and Smart Shopper. In some cases every hit the imp does produces about half a dozen coins to pop out. I'm not 100% sure it was the imp's doing and not the bandit's own shots, but the amount of coins was definitely abnormal:
                    2014-11-02_00004.jpg

3. Feel free to disregard this if everyone knows this already, but it looks like there's a bit of an unfair advantage for people with large screen resolutions...
                    2014-11-02_00007.jpg
                    ^ this is 1x scaling at 1920x1080. The previous screenshots in this post were taken at 3x scaling.

• Ennbeard

Ennbeard Orbital Explorer

Can confirm the first bug.

It's not all achievements though. I did manage to get the Beat Monsoon with Merc finally, and that DID unlock properly. But as I type this I'm standing in lava, out-regening it, and nothing.

• globbork

This too. Can confirm on OSX 10.10.

I noticed this bug happens if you jump to a platform slightly below the platform actual height, entering from either left or right edge of the platform.
                        It stops the walking animation (iirc) and prevents jumping. To enable jumping again and return to normal, I usually have to drop down the platform, falling from the left or right edge of the platform.

• Wwlink55

Wwlink55 Void-Bound Voyager

-Still no support for any scale higher than x1 for anyone running at 1024x768. I have to change my native resolution just to increase the scale. (Could we get a way to force the game to run in a non-native resolution, or a way to just change it in-game?)

-Random glitches and color flashes in game. Yellow lines just randomly appear and disappear, regardless of soldiers syringe.

• Marukyu

Marukyu Space Hobo

Crash on Linux when hosting a multiplayer game, immediately upon entering the final stage. Error message showed the following:

ERROR in
                            action number 1
                            of Draw Event
                            for object oP:
                            Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.tdraw_yoffset(101314, -2147483648)
                            at gml_Object_oP_Draw_0

• Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Void-Bound Voyager

I killed myself as a sniper.
                              I had 548HP and nothing special was going on, there was a Lemurian on a platform to my right that I wanted to kill so I started charging the second ability, as I was charging a Jellyfish went on top of me(A normal one, nothing special) and the moment I released my charged shot I died instantly, my HP bar literally went from 548 to 0 at the exact moment I released the charged shot.

• Vienesa

Vienesa Space Spelunker

When joining an online multiplayer game I only see the "Force Item Sharing" option and nothing else. This happens for me as for my friends. Tried port forwarding, firewall shutting off, and basically everything the internet tutorials told me so (and my friend). Still, neither of us can join hosted games.

• NateAlmighty

NateAlmighty Space Hobo

in level 2 on sky meadow. enemies on the very right of the map on the launch pad are glitched and when they get on that some of them fly out of the map, and some come down back on the launch pad but take like 20 seconds to come back down from the air and then fly up again not coming down for another 20 seconds. I have also had the problem with when I jump on something it doesn't allow me to jump again and I get stuck unless I walk off the platform I jumped on. I'm on the PC steam version.

• DarkCrown

DarkCrown Space Hobo

When playing multiplayer with artifact of command, my character (Loader) got stuck when me and my friend tried opening a white item box at the same time. He didn't get stuck but I couldn't move anymore and strangely I was only able to use my 2nd and 4th skill.

I don't know why but the las 2 patches have got some pretty nasty bugs in them, most of them are gamebreaking too. I understand that making a game right and bug-free is hard, you have my thanks for this awesome patch. Best of wishes to the Risk of Rain team, I hope you guys will be able to fix this soon!

• henryhey

henryhey Space Hobo

Running Steam version on MacOS X 10.9.5
                                      • Crashes when trying to access "Scores and Unlockables"
                                      • Unable to jump to small ledges in Ancient Valley
                                      • Random crash: Captura de pantalla 2014-11-03 a la(s) 11.16.53.png

• globbork

Additionally, on OSX 10.10,
                                        If the game is set on windowed, the next time the game is launched, it will start windowed, but resized to ca. 800x600, with the resolution you selected previously; horribly downsampled. This forces you to either use fullscreen, or change the resolution every time you launched RoR.
                                        By changing the resolution, I mean cycling through all the available window size option back to the original size set on the previous launch.

• Venom

Venom Pangalactic Porcupine

Try clearing your game gache, both of you. It might work as it did for me and a few others.