1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.2.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stovepipes, Oct 29, 2014.

1. Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

PATCH NOTES: http://riskofraingame.com/risk-of-rain-patch-v1-2-1/
    Once again, I'll update this to include everything that's posted in the thread.
    • Passive items can still despawn. Even if this is not a bug, there is no reason for passives to despawn (why would anyone leave passives on-screen and not take them?) and it makes item coordination in co-op frustrating if not impossible
    • Guardian heart no longer provides protection from one-shot kills. For example, I have glass on, I get hit by a magma worm and die and my health bar shows that the shield is still at 60.
      • Enemies seem to be able to hit through a guardian heart, decreasing your health at the same time, with the same damage, to your shield. Died from a single jelly hitting me through the shield while at low health.
      • PIC (5 Guardian Hearts and only +60 Health)
    • When joining multiplayer games with artifacts you haven't unlocked yet active, then going into single player, you CANNOT switch them off unless you edit your save file or join a multiplayer game where the host toggles said artifacts on and then off.
    • Elite colors don't show up. I can still see the fancy health bars and the flame trail/shock aura/regen aura ring proc but the enemies themselves are the exact same color palette as regular non-elite enemies.
    • Controller controls still seemed fucked. Note: This is a controller that has worked since I bought it on steam. No idea why it doesn't work now, nor xpadder/360ce/joy2key doesn't make it work.
    • Screen Scale is 1x or 2x on all resolutions. Again, might just be me.
    • My controller worked fine before the patch. Since the patch the directional inputs either don't work or move me in the wrong direction. Somehow the A button also registers as a down input. Directional input works fine in the menus, just not when controlling a character. Hope you guys can fix it quickly.
    • Enemies can now take fall damage, apparently. The guy had the Ancient Wisp spawn and it kept walking into the geyser, getting launched, then falling to the ground with damage. Another person in chat said the same happened to a Rock Golem. Enemies should NOT be taking fall damage.
    • Spirit artifact causes monsters to run EXTREMELY fast at low health. A sand crab got low, and it literally reached me in less than half a second from the other side of my screen.
    • My mac version keep crashing with a fatal error and wipes all of my progress. This has happened both in the game and in the main menu when I tried to look at my items. (PIC)
    • When using a controller lags very slightly
    • Dash abilities go extremely short distances if Spirit is on and player has taken any damage
    • Immediate crash upon clicking "Join" in multiplayer co-op (presumably if you aren't able to connect to the IP)
    • Miner occasionally takes damage while invulnerable.
    • Unable to complete the challenge for killing the Overloading Magma Worm as the Loader.
    • Survive in Lava challenge is MIA (PIC)
    • (As Mercenary) Upon activating Eviscerate with an enemy in range, and falling just after it activated and started doing damage, the enemy continued to take damage even though the Merc fell out of range of the enemy
    • (Using Windows XP SP3) Risk of Rain still doesn't launch from Steam (various attemps), and if I try to launch it through the .exe it keeps popping "The procedure point InitOnceExecuteOnce could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."
    • Immediately after downloading the 1.2.1 patch, I attempted to play Commando with only Command and Origin activated, and my character did not respond to any button presses nor did the enemies move towards me. (The music continued to play, and I was "clicked into" the fullscreen game.)
    • I still randomly crash during some runs in Solo. I don't even know what the problem is; Game Maker just says it has encountered a problem and must close.
    • The jump height bug that gets you stuck in the floor not only appears to have not been fixed, but the player's default jumping height now seems to be the exact height to cause it (before you needed a rusty jetpack).
      • The apparent increased jump height problem causing you to be unable to jump after scaling something I'm assuming you're not supposed to be able to climb up normally also is a really annoying bug. It looks to me as if there's an inconsistency between how high you can jump and how high the game understands you can jump. There's several ledges you can now scale with 0 jump items that were not scalable before, and each time you traverse a ledge this way you are then unable to jump, making me think the game is thinking you are still in mid air/never fell back on the ground or something.
    • There does not appear to be any actual variance in damage inflicted to enemies. When shooting a boss as a low-level Huntress, I saw varying damage numbers appearing over the boss as expected, but examination of the boss's HP meter showed that every shot I did inflicted exactly 15 damage.
    • This (PICTURE) just randomly happened to me. Skills, health, use item and level UI all disappeared. I had died in the previous stage and never regained my UI.
      • This occurs when you die on a multiplayer game, and never reappears even if you respawn.
    • Each time I re-open the game, Risk of Rain reassigns my Button 1 and Swap Item buttons. I'm using a PS3 controller with XInput. Ability 1 gets reassigned to Left Trigger and Swap Item gets reassigned to Y each time I restart the program. (My normal buttons for these functions are X and Left Trigger respectively.) My other buttons never change from my configuration.
    • Acrid doesn't attack you when you open the crate on Sunken Tomb.
    • Red whip doesn't apply speed buff a second or so after commando rolls, which is strange since it says applies speed out of combat.
    • My screen resizes to fullscreen when the game crashed and I restarted it, then it went to windowed and went 800x600 instead of 1280x800 (however, when it does this and is 800x600, going into the options it says it is 1280x800 when it is clearly not...)
      GIF of it here, I didn't resize it or anything.
    • Hovering over the abilities or when you first spawn on the first stage, the keys it says are wrong. It tells you the default keys for it (z, x, c, v) even when I bound the abilities to different keys.
    • I also get the gamebreaking bug when you click the 'Achievements and Unlockables' with a new record and it crashes. Lost my progress numerous times after having a pretty decent run (since it's my first time, I defeated couple of bosses and got some really nice items but it wasn't saved.) When I do click that button when I open it after a crash it shows this, which isn't normal.
    • Can't go down to get the Spite artifact, I see how to get down on Sky Meadow but I can't get down. I've pressed every key but it's impossible. I only got this game today (well downloaded it today) and I can't play it, I love Risk of Rain so much but it just sucks trying to play right now.
    • Steam achievements aren't unlocking
    • The item/monster log and scores and unlockables menus are impossible to navigate with a controller, the only thing you can do is exit out of those menus by pressing LB :s
    • When tabbing out of the game, it often doesn't appear in the taskbar (win7)
    • Imp servant still bugging once you stop time. he kinda forgots to unpause himself once the time is running again..

• When clicking on "scores on unlockables" on Linux, the game crashes with:
      ######
      ERROR in
      action number 1
      of Create event
      for object oHighscore:
      DoSet :: Invalid comparison type
      at gml_Object_oHighscore_Create_0
      ##################
    • PS3/PS2 controllers are unusable, since rebinding the controller keys does not work, haven't tried the linux build with XBox controller yet.
      • There seems to be quite many "error trying to load GMIni.so - GMIni.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" -errors in the terminal, don't know if it's related.

• still receiving this error on start up, meaning i still have yet to play the updated version at all:

############################################################################################
      FATAL ERROR in Fragment Shader compilation
      ShaderName: shd_color_swapper_16

D :\User Files\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Risk of Rain\memory(223,4): error X5200: (Third source param) Invalid register number: 38. Max allowed for this type is 31.

############################################################################################
    • I'm having an issue with getting stuck in the ground, I'm assuming it's related to the pixel rounding thing mentioned in the patch notes. Basically if you do a jump up to a higher platform and you just barely make it high enough to get onto the platform, you'll get stuck in the ground and be unable to jump. You can still move left/right, but you can't jump. Only way to get unstuck is to walk off the platform (if possible) or use a movement ability. Was playing the mercenary when I noticed it so I just used his jedi jump to unstuck myself when it happened. It still ended up getting me killed when I tried to jump up to a rope and couldn't
    • Child jump pad glitch on Sky Meadow hasn't been fixed, they get stuck on the jump pad to the right and take forever to descend (PIC)
    • I am using a PS3 controller with XPadder. When I play the game after a while it seems like my USB drives on my computer start to fail. My computer makes the sound like a USB is disconnecting. At the same time my mouse (has lights on it) start to blink like it's being disconnected and my keyboard caps/scroll lock lights start to blink like it's being disconnected. I have tried DS3Tool and XPadder, both did the same thing.
    • after had take the golden gun (first stage), I was stuck in the air...unable to move except when I was using blink... I was able to get to a ladder but even if I was able to move up/down, I was not able to move on the sides... Items: Fireman's boot, golden gun and an other I don't remember
      • Loader's Knuckleboom Combo "soft cap" occasionally bugs, disabling all abilities
        • After a Knuckleboom Combo, there is a small delay in which you can attack (and combo) again (soft cap). The delay, however, can trigger at any moment during the combo -- sometimes even triggering on the first input of the attack. The bugged delay will not only prevent you from further attacking, but will also prevent you from casting abilities within the small time window. Usually leaves you in the middle of a pack of enemies with nothing to do but try to move/jump away.
      • Loader's Debris Shield sometimes doesn't apply move speed buff, or doesn't apply it for the duration of the skill
        • Sometimes Debris Shield's movespeed buff isn't applied at all. Other times, it's applied, but not for the 3 second duration of the skill.
      • Huntress's Strafe fails to hit enemies at close range
        • Usually Strafe fails to hit enemies at point blank, practically in your hit box, range. Since the latest patch, this range cap seems to have increased, allowing strafe to miss multiple targets at a time at an even greater range (like 2-3 hit boxes away). The missile will "miss" the first target, and will then continue to pass through up to 2 additional targets before getting back it's impact capabilities.
      • Invisible walls spawn randomly
        • Invisible walls can spawn anywhere on level start and DURING your play through. Hinders jumping, creates invisible platforming, and even blocks off whole sections of levels -- sometimes renders the level impossible to complete.
    • It seems the Loader challenge that has to do with the overloading worm is not linked to any item. Supposedly should be the Gigantic Amethist, but that is linked to the unlock of the Loader himself apparently.
    • There are certain places where you can just fall through floors, so far it only happened consistently in the Tundra when jumping or falling into the small depressions in the ground that are near the top left of the map (those bits that are not much wider than the character sprite itself).

in multiplayer on the client-side:
      of <Unknown Event>
      for object pActive:
      buffer_create: Illegal size
    • Jumping bug. It seems like the game only thinks I can jump so high. So if I have a red whip, and jump 2 blocks, I am unable to jump again, until I have gone down.
    • Mob spawns. Are mobs supposed to spawn ridiculously fast when playing with Spite on? Playing on Drizzle with spite and command on, I have 40+ mobs on the map after being in the zone for 2 minutes. (Seems to go down when spite was taken off)
      UI disappearing after death.
    • Unable to open command artifact chests after using the explorers key to open all chests in view. Once key goes off cd I can open the newly spawned loot chests.
    • When in a multiplayer game, at very random times, being on certain floors cause the player to be unable to jump. If you fall to a different surface and then jump back onto it again, sometimes this fixes the issue. However other times that surface just remains unable to be jumped on.
    • Shops can still contain repeated items (e.g. 3 crowbars in one shop)
    • Noticed a bug with the Artifact that makes it so "Players move faster at low life" It doesn't make my character or the enemies move faster at all...I am playing currently with Command + Faster Artifact + Glass and it seems like Glass works sometimes and the Command works fine, but the third artifact doesn't seen to be working.
    • Alt + Tab. In Windows 7 x64 bit you don't see the Risk of Rain icon open in the Taskbar...I have to Alt + Tab back to it.
    • I'm getting an insane amount of elite spawns as well as multiple bosses appearing much earlier than they used to to pre 1.20
    • I did two runs that picked up origin at the end, the artifact however still isn't unlocked for me. One time was on drizzle and the other time was on monsoon
    • Sometimes when i fall off the bottom of the map I get stuck and fall forever.
    • Well, tried the game again post hot fix, and made it to the end on my first try, and at the ending credit, fatal error (Mac) (PIC)
    • With Frost Relic and a ton of monsters:
      of Draw Event
      for object oParticleEngine:

Fatel Error: Can not create vertex buffer
    • The Spirit artifact makes it where the Bandit cannot jump forward and fire his 1 ability at the same time. Without Spirit (or at full HP with Spirit enabled,) the Bandit move forward while jumping and shooting. If Spirit is active (HP missing,) the Bandit stops in mid-air when he shoots.
    • The game doesn't save gamepad buttons "X" for the ability 1. In fact, i can play with this configuration, but when i quit and replay, the remapping change in default option (only for "ability 1" and "swap item")
    • Repulsion Armor doesn't properly activate (sometimes doesn't activate and when it does it doesn't shield you from 80% damage)
    • Still issues with save file wiping/not being read properly
    • Fatal Error: Out of Memory can crash the game after you obtain a large number of items/monsters on-screen
    • Teleports after falling out of the stage can send you into walls (PIC)
    • On the final stage the background flickers a lot when panning. So when my character moves around the background artifiacts, in the form of black lines flashing horizontally through the center of the background, might be just me though.
    • Happened after a Magma worm was killed by various damage sources, primarily barbed wire and Chargefield Generator. they were still hitting the magma worm's dead body and damage numbers were piling out of it like clowns from a car.
      of Draw Event
      for object oBlaster:

Fatel Error: Can not create vertex buffer
    • Since the latest patch, I've had a lot of stuttering. The game will stutter periodically, seemingly after having loaded something such as a monster or maybe visual effects even. It's almost unplayable, since the stutters keep messing me up each time they happen. The game runs at 60 FPS with no problems and the stuttering happens regardless of the amount of stuff in the game, or the run time of the game (client or otherwise).
    • You can still get ridiculous speed on Bandito when using Smokebomb (c), Amethyst (use item), and again Smokebomb (c). Picking Goat's Hoof solves the "movement speed bug".
      • Bandit speed permanently increases to Smokebomb speed if you stack the effect using Amethyst
      It seems no one got this one yet. Playing Linux version.
      At last stage, the game crashed when I was close to the main gate.
      ##################################
      ERROR in
      action number 1
      of Alarm Event for alarm 0
      for object oClay:
      Unable to find any instance for object index '214870'
      at gml_Script_teleport_nearby
      ##################################
      -------------------------------------------------------------
      stack frame is
      gml_Script_teleport_nearby (line 0)
      gml_Script_alarm_ai_default
      gml_Object_oClay_Alarm_0
    • Rarely enemies spawn inside the ground/walls and die instantly.
    • In the last level I found the Gauss Cannon. After activating it, the game crashed (PIC)
    • I was able to unlock Chef without bitter root. Had every other required item, but never picked up a single bitter root.
    • Occasionally I cannot jump while playing...To stop this, I usually just have to hit other keys until it allows me to jump. But with Chef, I cannot jump no matter what I do, resulting in my death numerous times
    • I was unable to unlock the stand in lava for 1 minute achieve. I stood in it for 3 minutes by game clock. No luck.
    • the loader achieve for killing an overloading magma worm didn't work. Killed 3 of them as loader and no achieve.
    • the chef achieve for searing/flambe-ing 20 sand crabs didn't work. Though this may just be due to MP. I am going to try each of those solo and see if it works out any better.
    • The game seems to have forgotten what a Shift key is. I can set it to do anything, it works just as fine as before, but the game reads '??' instead of 'Shift'.
    • There seems to be a weird interaction between the imp underling (that you may get after killing an overlord boss) and Smart Shopper. In some cases every hit the imp does produces about half a dozen coins to pop out. I'm not 100% sure it was the imp's doing and not the bandit's own shots, but the amount of coins was definitely abnormal: (PIC)
    • 1x scaling at large resolutions allows you to see obscene portions of the map (PIC)
    • Still no support for any scale higher than x1 for anyone running at 1024x768. I have to change my native resolution just to increase the scale. (Could we get a way to force the game to run in a non-native resolution, or a way to just change it in-game?)
    • Random glitches and color flashes in game. Yellow lines just randomly appear and disappear, regardless of soldiers syringe.

• Crash on Linux when hosting a multiplayer game, immediately upon entering the final stage. Error message showed the following:
      ERROR in
      action number 1
      of Draw Event
      for object oP:
      Push :: Execution Error - Variable Get -1.tdraw_yoffset(101314, -2147483648)
      at gml_Object_oP_Draw_0
    • I killed myself as a sniper. I had 548HP and nothing special was going on, there was a Lemurian on a platform to my right that I wanted to kill so I started charging the second ability, as I was charging a Jellyfish went on top of me(A normal one, nothing special) and the moment I released my charged shot I died instantly, my HP bar literally went from 548 to 0 at the exact moment I released the charged shot.
    • Blighted enemies do not drop large amounts of exp/money/an item like they used to
    • Elite mobs seem to do way more damage than pre-1.2.0
    • Unable to jump to small ledges in Ancient Valley
    • Random crash: (PIC)
    • On Mac OSX 10.10, If the game is set on windowed, the next time the game is launched, it will start windowed, but resized to ca. 800x600, with the resolution you selected previously; horribly downsampled. This forces you to either use fullscreen, or change the resolution every time you launched RoR.
    • Rusty Jetpack in the underwater level lets you hover infinitely (and shoot in midair): (PIC)
    • Died on the final level in online co-op and my "corpse" was teleported to the boss room when my friend began the fight...my Bustling Fungus activated on my corpse, allowing him to heal using it despite me being dead
    • Command lets you pick from all items, regardless of whether they are unlocked or not
    • Co-op desync is still an issue and can end runs if the host dies and the other players have mobs alive on their end that are dead on the host's
    • Having a fast enough attack speed stops you from being able to attack entirely
    • No option for Force Item Sharing in co-op (PIC)
    • In the item log for Snake Eyes, it mentions "a dice" where 'a pair of dice' should be.
    • Flying mobs (Jellyfish, "wasps", flying lemurians, etc.) don't spawn ghosts from Jar of Souls/Happiest Mask
    • In online co-op with the Kin artifact, flying mobs only cause the host to gain EXP
    • Entering final stage definitely crashes mac/linux

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
    • schien12

schien12 Intergalactic Tourist

Guardian heart no longer provides protection from one-shot kills. For example, I have glass on, I get hit by a magma worm and die and my health bar shows that the shield is still at 60.

• Auraknight

Auraknight Weight of the Sky

I played a game to see if the no-exp thing was so bad past level 2 Playing as sniper, jumped left from where I spawned in, and landing on nothing, walking on mid-air, side to side. I could still usse a vine to go down past the point, but couldn't drop off of it, orjump off of it. Useing said vine to return above hoverpoint worked, and I could walk around, and re-peat the incident.
        View attachment 109809
        (Note, the vine i'm talking about is more right. The foes below there spawned, but they can't move. They'll attack if I 'floatwalk' above them)

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
        • ShadowlessWanderer

ShadowlessWanderer Pangalactic Porcupine

-Experience earned from killing enemies and ending the level doesn't level you up properly. I got to 15 minutes in game on rainstorm and was stuck at lv3 when I know I should be MUCH higher.
          -When joining multiplayer games with artifacts you haven't unlocked yet active, then going into single player, you CANNOT switch them off unless you edit your save file or join a multiplayer game where the host toggles said artifacts on and then off.

Might be just my pc:
          -Elite colors don't show up. I can still see the fancy health bars and the flame trail/shock aura/regen aura ring proc but the enemies themselves are the exact same color palette as regular non-elite enemies.
          -Controller controls still seemed fucked. Note: This is a controller that has worked since I bought it on steam. No idea why it doesn't work now, nor xpadder/360ce/joy2key doesn't make it work.
          -Screen Scale is 1x or 2x on all resolutions. Again, might just be me.

• Ketelbinkie

Ketelbinkie Space Hobo

My controller worked fine before the patch. Since the patch the directional inputs either don't work or move me in the wrong direction. Somehow the A button also registers as a down input. Directional input works fine in the menus, just not when controlling a character. Hope you guys can fix it quickly.

• somefatcracker

somefatcracker Orbital Explorer

Someone has already said something but i am also having the issue with not gaining exp after lvl 2 and i am have an issue where i can jump at certain spots in the desolate forest like there is an invisible wall above me or something

• mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

JUST saw this on a Twitch stream. Enemies can now take fall damage, apparently. The guy had the Ancient Wisp spawn and it kept walking into the geyser, getting launched, then falling to the ground with damage. Another person in chat said the same happened to a Rock Golem. Enemies should NOT be taking fall damage.

• jobaloba

jobaloba Big Damn Hero

Spirit artifact causes monsters to run EXTREMELY fast at low health. A sand crab got low, and it literally reached me in less than half a second from the other side of my screen.

• heckhouse

heckhouse Orbital Explorer

My mac version keep crashing with a fatal error and wipes all of my progress. This has happened both in the game and in the main menu when I tried to look at my items.

[​IMG]

• burthstone

burthstone Big Damn Hero

When using a controller lags very slightly, Miner jump ability goes too high when used right after a jump, dash abilities go extremely short distances if Spirit is on and player has taken any damage, immediate crash upon clicking "Join" in multiplayer co-op, Miner occasionally takes damage while invulnerable.

• Analri

Analri Intergalactic Tourist

I thought they always took fall damage?

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work so far, guys! :D Just reposting my finds from the previous thread for now:
                        1. Unable to complete the challenge for killing the Overloading Magma Worm as the Loader. Is anyone else having this problem?
                        2. Survive in Lava challenge is MIA, haven't been able to try for the challenge despite this, due to the newfound experience bug making it -very- hard to gain levels:

[​IMG]

• mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

Enemies never took fall damage before, this is now easy mode since you can just push them off a ledge and damage them, maybe even kill them.

Also, another thing I noticed but am not sure about. While watching the previously mentioned stream, the guy played as Mercenary. Upon activating Eviscerate with an enemy in range, and falling just after it activated and started doing damage, the enemy continued to take damage even though the Merc fell out of range of the enemy. I know Eviscerate has a limited range of effect, and from my own experiences it has stopped hitting enemies that go out of range, I think this may be a bug.

• Troland

Troland Void-Bound Voyager

Risk of Rain still doesn't launch from Steam (various attemps), and if I try to launch it through the .exe it keeps popping "The procedure point InitOnceExecuteOnce could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll."
                            My OS is Windows XP SP3

magot273 likes this.
                            • Grunni

Grunni Void-Bound Voyager

Immediately after downloading the 1.2.1 patch, I attempted to play Commando with only Command and Origin activated, and my character did not respond to any button presses nor did the enemies move towards me. (The music continued to play, and I was "clicked into" the fullscreen game.)

Exiting and re-entering the client did not have a repeat of the problem.

• Dzumeister

Dzumeister Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd just like to highlight this problem again because it almost totally breaks the game on Monsoon Co-Op. My teammate and I were unable to level up past 2, and we were so squishy that a hit or two would immediately end our run. It's almost as if we were playing on Glass, without the perks of being ridiculously strong.

Co-Op is now a lot harder to play synergetically now that items despawn. Even if it's at 45 seconds, it can easily take a lot longer than that to cross some of these map sizes. Even on Dried Lake I couldn't get to an item in time that my friend left for me.

I still randomly crash during some runs in Solo. I don't even know what the problem is; Game Maker just says it has encountered a problem and must close. This patch was ridiculous, and the hotfix wasn't any better. Literally the best thing that they fixed was the old bug of Barbed Wire not being confined to one player, and I can't even test that now that it's so hard to get past Level 2/3 on Monsoon Co-Op. :down:[DOUBLEPOST=1414554147][/DOUBLEPOST]
                                EDIT: This is the error I get on the Windows version as well (8.1). It seems to happen randomly and totally ends any run.

Also, clicking/selecting in the multiplayer co-op lobby takes several clicks to register. I have to spam to choose the class I want to play, and spam again when I want to lock in my READY button.

• mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

Enemies seem to be able to hit through a guardian heart, decreasing your health at the same time, with the same damage, to your shield. Died from a single jelly hitting me through the shield while at low health.

• dtsund

dtsund Space Hobo

The jump height bug that gets you stuck in the floor not only appears to have not been fixed, but the player's default jumping height now seems to be the exact height to cause it (before you needed a rusty jetpack).

There does not appear to be any actual variance in damage inflicted to enemies. When shooting a boss as a low-level Huntress, I saw varying damage numbers appearing over the boss as expected, but examination of the boss's HP meter showed that every shot I did inflicted exactly 15 damage.

I've been able to reproduce both of these bugs in both Windows 8.1 64-bit and Linux Mint 17 "Qiana" 64-bit, if that helps.

• Hazanator

Hazanator Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]
                                      This just randomly happened to me. Skills, health, use item and level UI all disappeared. I had died in the previous stage and never regained my UI.

TheOriginalSINe likes this.
                                      • Analri

Analri Intergalactic Tourist

Couple more things:

[​IMG]

Managed to farm my way through the game despite the experience glitch, (note how at 90 minutes, barely partway through level 4, bahahaha).
                                        More importantly, this is the second time I've seen that the Use Item Dispenser sometimes teleports a bit to the right, instead of in Providence's chamber.
                                        Also, five Guardian Hearts and only 60~ hp shield? :x I did get them pretty early, but...

• lethlora

lethlora Orbital Explorer

Each time I re-open the game, Risk of Rain reassigns my Button 1 and Swap Item buttons. I'm using a PS3 controller with XInput. Ability 1 gets reassigned to Left Trigger and Swap Item gets reassigned to Y each time I restart the program. (My normal buttons for these functions are X and Left Trigger respectively.) My other buttons never change from my configuration.

Also, EXP bug is really game-breaking and needs to be fixed ASAP. My brother and I can't get past the third stage, and I usually have no difficulty succeeding with a playthrough.

The apparent increased jump height problem causing you to be unable to jump after scaling something I'm assuming you're not supposed to be able to climb up normally also is a really annoying bug. It looks to me as if there's an inconsistency between how high you can jump and how high the game understands you can jump. There's several ledges you can now scale with 0 jump items that were not scalable before, and each time you traverse a ledge this way you are then unable to jump, making me think the game is thinking you are still in mid air/never fell back on the ground or something.